Chapter 8: Under Pressure

A/N: Lookie who's updating! This chapter gets real exciting, lemme tell ya :) Next chapter will be a bit shorter, but heehee this story is getting deep!! Enjoy and pretty please do not steal because that's not nice and I will have to take serious action. Thank you very much :)

-SKatInk

.....

Sigrid 

I made it home fine on Saturday morning. Luckily Uncle Zion was out so I didn’t have to worry about covering my wolfish scent. The day proceeded as usual, with a few white lies about Raylor’s poor broken heart. I caught up on homework and by Monday morning, I was well-rested. I made my way to school and parked, sitting in my car.

Nowadays, I had no choice in my wolf’s response to Theo’s close proximity. We’d be a mile away from school and she’s start pouncing around, her tongue lolling. She was so whipped and I had to grit my teeth every time I smelled his cinnamon aroma. It was enough to drive me insane, but I had to get a grip. Soon, I’d be a whisp of a scent in Merriweather and I wanted to leave as little damage as possible.

My heart pounded like a drum when the familiar scent of my mate washed over me. He was probably at the far end of the school commons where he would normally hang out in the mornings, but somehow my wolf had gotten extremely talented at finding him with very little tracks.

I sighed and disembarked my red car. The wind was biting and I noticed the leaves were changing hues drastically in the forest next to the school. Once inside the school, I skittered past the commons with blood rushing in my ears and scampered to my locker.

Deep breaths, I reminded myself. You missedem.

“Sigrid!”

I mentally groaned. My wolf, however, was on her feet.

I turned and faced Raylor. Her smile shone in contrast to her dark skin, her grinning eyes emitting flecks of honey. “Hey, Raylor,” I said.

“Some of us are doing homework together after school. We’d like you to join us,” she proposed hopefully.

“I have vol--”

“I know Chandra. I called her and she said you could take a day off because ‘for heaven’s sake, the girl is always here!’” She chuckled at her poor imitation. “So you’re free!”

I emitted a dreary chuckle. How perfectly lovely. “Oh. Um. I guess?”

“Great,” she said, taking hold of my arm and using her other to shut my locker. “Also, Theo wants you to formally meet someone.”

I felt bile rise up in my throat as I stumbled to keep up with Raylor. She yanked me into the commons--the back of the commons--and I felt several pairs of eyes turn to me. My face blossomed with red, hot petals. My fingers shook and would’ve ran up my body until began stroking my earlobes, but when my eyes landed on that black-haired vision, my nerves went still and smooth.

His green eyes were focused solely on me and I saw his lips part, as if he were to say something. He didn’t, though, and I swore I saw him shaking to restrain himself.

I ripped my eyes away when Raylor let go of my arm and Tobias spoke. I shrank a thousand sizes when he spoke, ashamed to be in his presence, on his territory, as his acquaintance. Who was I, a mere rogue, compared to him, the future Alpha?

“Sigrid,” he said cheerfully, though I could pinpoint a condescending undertone to his voice. “Hello.”

“Hi,” I said, barely above a squeak. I brushed my hair behind my ear and my eyes fell across the rest of the werewolves I didn’t know.