05 | It Wasn't A Dream

It wasn't the warmth of the sun seeping through his window drapes

It wasn't the warmth of the sun seeping through his window drapes. It was Enzo's hot breaths tickling his neck in the most alluring way that Kian shuddered out of his deep relaxing sleep. A sigh, almost like a moan escaped through his mouth as someone's warm limb pulled him closer to their body.

That was new. Alarmingly new and unexpectedly familiar touch. His eyes instantly shot open and the first thing that came into view was a mop of messy black curls, brushing his collarbones. He titled his head down and there he was Enzo Santiago, snoring softly against his shoulder, his hand thrown lazily around Kian's stomach.

So, it wasn't a dream. Enzo did stumble into his life after breaking contacts for two long years. What a great fresh start! If that's what it was. Or maybe, their meeting was just a coincidence of the most bizarre kind.

Either case, Enzo was there in Kian's bed, dressed in his clothes and sleeping against his side. And now if Kian didn't have a crush on the boy ever since he discovered his liking for the boys, it wouldn't be so difficult to push him away and never look at him. But that's the thing. He had never felt as attracted to any other man as he felt to Enzo.

"Why are you here, Enz?" Kian whispered, brushing a wayward strand of his hair falling over his closed eyes. The boy stirred a little, making Kian suck in a breath and pause his movement.

Kian squeezed his eyes tightly to avoid admiring his tempting collarbones that peeked through his shirt. Kian's shirt.

Enzo was wearing his smell, and that made them closer, in some way. Kian pulled the shirt down to cover up his stomach and the moment his knuckles grazed his abs, Enzo stirred a little, releasing a soft groan, which heightened his senses. Kian covered him quickly and pulled back his hand.

You see, that was the impact Enzo had over Kian. It was attraction, love, desire, and passion all blended into an intense sense of possessiveness to never allow anyone else to be in the same position as himself.

But that's what he was supposed to do. That's what he did two years back. He swallowed down his feelings and never sought them out. How could he?

After all, he couldn't see disgust in the eyes that once adored him. Kian could bear the pain of separation but not the look of distaste that people often exhibited towards his kind.

Believe me, Enzo. If I deserved you, I would have never let you go.

What if Enzo woke up and panicked like the last time? The thought turned his blood cold and his heart dropped to his stomach and he quickly retreated his fingers.

He lifted Enzo's hand off his torso very carefully so as not to wake him up and checked the time on his phone. It was 7 am, too early to wake up on a Sunday morning but then he merely slept the whole night.

Throwing the covers over the sleeping boy, Kian pushed himself off the bed. He closed the drapes and glanced at Enzo turning on his back now, flashing a bit of his bare stomach due to the messed up shirt.

Kian leaned against the window admiring how flawless Enzo looked under the morning light. His features sharped over time like the old wine in the cellar. Although the boy looked soft with the dash of pinkish glow and unblemished skin, his raw masculinity was very much there too.

All in all, Kian realized if he wanted to stop falling deeper for the boy, he should leave the room at once.

So that's what Kian did. Brushing his hair aggressively and scrubbing his face to pull his senses together, he stepped out of the bedroom and closed the door shut with a muted click.

I hope you don't panic when you wake up, he thought. And I hope you remember that it was you who waltzed into my life this time, uninvited. 

***

Author's Note: If you are enjoying it so far, please add your comments and votes.

Thank you so much for reading this story.