Epilogue | A Forever Crush

"We're practically parents now," Kian said as a brown fluff ball jumped atop the stack of boxes that they had just moved in.

Enzo's things were yet to arrive from the storage, but they moved Kian's belongings to his new apartment. Their apartment.

They'd been together for one year, and even though Enzo had been traveling more for the shows, he couldn't call his tour bus home. Now that he was in a serious relationship and his boyfriend wanted him to move out of a vehicle, which was otherwise called his apartment, Enzo accepted Kian's proposal to rent a place together. So, now Enzo had an actual apartment to come home to.

"Daisy is the sweetest little thing. Who wouldn't want to be her dad?" Enzo said while setting up his drums at the corner beside the floor-to-ceiling window overlooking the garden. It didn't matter how much time it took to shift the rest of his things. The drums were the first ones to reach his home. And Kian would be lying if he didn't adore the way Enzo worshiped his passion.

"Besides, now you've got another willing candidate to spoil her with your sugary treats. Wouldn't you love that, little princess?" He tapped his drumstick on Daisy's fur, and the little traitor purred like a kitten. She never showed such affection to Kian, even when he sneaked her treats.

"Little brat," Kian mumbled under his breath, fiddling around in one of the boxes for the glasses that he thought Enzo had packed in. But he was wrong. "I think we'll have to manage without the glasses tonight as I can only find plates and the spoons in this box. Seriously, Enz, you should start working on your organization skills." Kian said, giving a frustrated glare to Enzo.

"Relax, love. I like taking lessons from you." He passed a smug smile toward Kian, placed Daisy on the floor, and walked over to his boyfriend. "And you know I'm a quick learner." He bent down to whisper into Kian's ear, intentionally grazing his lips on the shell, rendering him breathless.

"Fucking smooth," Kian said as Enzo popped the bottle of wine and drank straight from it. He had his playful smile on as he passed the bottle to Kian and settled on the mattress sans the bed near the window.

Enzo Santiago had officially moved in with Kian, and they were about to start their next phase of life together. Kian didn't care anything beyond that, and Enzo's dedicated efforts to put everything in their relationship only assured him more. He didn't need to.

They were happy together, and that's all that mattered to Kian. He was a full-time Business Analyst at LA's top IT firm, and Enzo was still traveling around the world with his band, creating hypnotizing music and spreading magic everywhere he went. But they'd cut back a little on their time away from each other so they could have more time together. There was no more waiting for their moment. Nothing stopped them from always making time for their forever.

Enzo was also keeping his distance from the controversial trending pictures with the girls like the one which almost broke them apart. Turns out, it was just a publicity stunt by Zarina and his team to grab some attention for their Collab album. And since Enzo was under the contract, he couldn't do anything about it. What he didn't anticipate - that the girl would take such a picture with Enzo while he was intoxicated and fabricate it.

However, they were past that incident, and Tonight Kian was celebrating the first night at their new home with his boyfriend. But as everything couldn't be brought to perfection, he had the wine but no glasses to pour.

Kian settled on the bed beside his boyfriend. Enzo was now cradling the little fluff ball against his chest, looking as adorable as always. He put the wine bottle down and pulled out his phone to take a quick snap. Daisy licking Enzo's chin was the best click. As soon as Enzo put down the pet, Kian tossed the phone aside and reached over to brush a few strands of his hair behind his ear, loving the soft feel of them on his fingertips.

"To our 'forever'," Kian said, holding the wine bottle up.

"We should toast to something even more authentic," Enzo said, moving closer to his side and placing his chin on Kian's shoulder.

"What do you have in mind?" Kian tilted his head to look down at his boyfriend and raised a brow.

"To...being parents?" Enzo held Kian's face and turned it towards Daisy, yapping at them with her furry tail wagging animatedly. Kian had never felt more loved than right at that moment, surrounded by unpacked boxes and a family he could've never found if he had ignored his crush on this beautiful man sitting beside him.

"To us being parents. To our little family. And to my forever crush," Kian gulped the wine and handed it back to Enzo.

"To forever crush and love." Enzo tapped the mouth of the wine bottle on Kian's lips twice before taking a shot from it and pulling him in for a kiss.

It took Kian by surprise, but as soon as he tasted the wine from Enzo's mouth, he realized they were done unpacking for the day.

Daisy barked twice and trolled away, disappearing in one of the empty rooms.

They separated from the kiss only when the need for oxygen became real.

"Come here," Kian said, standing upright and holding out his hands to Enzo.

Enzo took his hands and laughed when Kian twirled him around once, then pulled him in, slow dancing to the rhythm of their heartbeats.

"You know, Enz. It is my happy song," Kian murmured, their foreheads touching and eyes closed.

"Which song is that?" Enzo laughed, looking up at him under his thick eyelashes.

"Your laugh."

"Then I'll make sure you hear it every time your heart is blue." Enzo said.

"With you, my heart is always purple," Kian whispered across his lips right before he kissed the boy. 

***

The End

Author's Note: I wasn't planning to update the epilogue this soon but I had to get it out of my system before it got too overwhelming. I'm so happy to be able to complete this story with as strong emotions as it began. I hope you feel the same after reading it.

If you don't then I'm here for it. Let me know what is missing. Help me out in making it up to you and maybe leave some comments, votes and your thoughts along the way.

Signing off. Until next time!!

 Until next time!!