13 | Unintended Feelings

After a few drinks and a lot of unintended touches, they were finally seated in one of the empty nooks of the club

After a few drinks and a lot of unintended touches, they were finally seated in one of the empty nooks of the club. He had to drag a fully grown guy from the bar to the lounge, passing through all that wild crowd on the cramped-up dance floor. Yes, that's right. It turned out that Enzo was a lightweight who could get drunk with just four shots and a bottle of beer.

"Shit. It looks like I can't put it away after all," Enzo groaned, pulling his dripping body back into a sitting position. The said boy was seated across from him with his arms spread over the back of the couch. Kian gulped at the sight of his exposed neck, the collar of Enzo's shirt falling off his shoulder from one side, and his sweaty skin shimmering against the party lights.

"Shame," Kian said with a scowl. He was a little buzzed himself, so he was feeling a little less on edge about the whole thing. "What if some girl took advantage of you?"

"Wouldn't you save me?"

Before Kian could respond, Audrey rushed towards them, falling straight into his arms. It might be questionable how comfortable the two were with each other. For them, it was instinctual to show each other affection so openly. Maybe that's why Kian didn't waste a second to gather her in his embrace, sweaty and all.

"How much have you had to drink?" Kian asked, pulling her face off his chest.

"Just two shots of tequila, that's all," she bit her lip and giggled at Kian. Then she was tugging him towards the dance floor. "Let's go dance together, K. You can bring your hot friend- oops, he seems pretty out of rhythm for a dance."

"Give me a minute to get my footing back, Senorita. Then I will show you how it's done." Enzo slurred. Then he winked, and everything inside Kian caught fire. Fuck, he was sexy, and he damn well knew it. So did everyone looking towards him.

Two redheads hovered around Enzo's couch, creeping in from both sides, enclosing him. Kian watched as their painted lips moved, and Enzo responded with a scoff. His nerves caught fire, and Kian found himself glaring at the girls.

"Come on," Audrey said in his ear and pulled Kian into the sweaty chaos. But his eyes never strayed away from the boy who seemed okay with the random girls' company.

The DJ played Mad Love over the bass, and Audrey danced around him, keeping it clean, pulling on his hand and bouncing to the music. Kian came to the club for Enzo and all he wanted at that moment was to rush to him, shoo those redheads away from his sides and pull Enzo to the dance floor with him.

Then Enzo's charcoal eyes met with his darkened eyes, and he gave Kian a chin lift that encouraged him to dance.

So that's what Kian did. He found the beat, mentally following the perfect sync with the music and his roommate, Audrey. She laughed as he twirled her once, then they danced together, his movements subtle with enough swagger to entice the eyes turning their way. He circled Audrey and put his hand on her waist to stop her from bumping into a guy behind. She laughed into his neck and spun him towards Enzo.