Prologue

Time!

As a concept it's a linear progression from cause to effect. The continued sequence of existence and events that occurs in an apparently irreversible succession from the past, through the present, into the future.

But no matter how time is described, or how many definitions we create, the very essence of what time truly is, is beyond comprehension. Carlo Rovelli theorized that time is an illusion as "our naive perception of its flow doesn't correspond to physical reality". He is partly right. Time is realized differently by each species, and by the circumstances each is experiencing it. Time moves faster on top of a skyscraper in difference with the ground of the Earth. Solar systems and galaxies move in different time-relation to ours. Time slows down at high speeds and around massive objects. It completely stops at the speed of light and at the event horizon of a black hole, while at the center of it, time doesn't exist at all.

Space.

The final frontier. That dark abyss of blackness...of emptiness.... Both terrifying and mesmerizing, all at the same time. Space is cold and unforgiving. It's void of life and yet...everything in this life is about balance. For would the stars shine so bright if it weren't for the darkness of space?

The yin and yan.

Black and white.

Hot and cold.

Good and evil.

Life and death.