Chapter 34 - The Final Battle

Eurilia

It almost felt like the air was cracking with static electricity. Such was Minerva's anger. Raven felt her heart thunder inside her ribcage as she leaned on her elbow. Her black hair was windswept and tangled, so she pushed them back from her face. It was then that she saw another limp body at Minerva's feet. She recognized Nomei immediately, and she swallowed in fear for her. The Witch cast a quick glance around, but there was no trace of Astrid nearby.

Minerva kicked Noemi, and the Bounty Hunter rolled over but didn't wake. She passed over the unconscious woman, hands formed into tight fists and green eyes glaring at Raven.

"I said. What have you done!?" she spat.

Raven's hand trembled as she raised it, but before she could speak, a fireball was thrown towards Minerva. The redhead appeared surprised and just barely managed to raise her own hand to stop it from hitting her.

"Leave my granddaughter alone," Nimue growled. If it were any other situation, Raven would've found the way Ramiel's body stormed closer, all determined and vengeful, comical.

"You must be Nimue," Minerva guessed. I see you like to play with fire." Her face contorted into anger. "Let's see how good you are. Flamo!"

Minerva's spell fell upon them like a tsunami of fire, but Nimue remained imperious as she simply lifted her hands, looking confident, and raised a shield. The raging orange inferno crushed onto the shield, and though it hissed and shrieked, it didn't pass through.

"Cwincan! Gedrysnian! 'Acwínan!" another voice hissed, coming from behind Raven.

The Witch tensed as the shadow of Amora's body passed by. Hearing the princess hiss spells felt beyond odd. Less so was the stoic, determined look on her face. It appeared that in this, Amora and Morgana were the same. Turning her attention back to the blazing storm, Raven saw Morgana's spell fast at work, dispelling and putting out the flames.

Nimue dropped the shield and twiddled her index fingers. Immediately, vines burst from the earth, wrapping around MInerva's feet and arms. They rolled up her waist and covered her mouth, keeping her bound.

"That is enough!" Morgana ordered, coming face to face with the redhead. "You have done enough damage, my child. You have to stop now."

Raven detected a pleading quality in Morgana's voice. She narrowed her eyes as she finally stood up and stole a glance at Nimue. Her own ancestor was watching silently the exchange not making another move against the contained Witch. For her part, Minerva narrowed her eyes.

"I understand the hatred and bitterness that resides in your heart," Morgana continued, stepping closer. It resided in me once, and I passed it on to you." Confusion flickered on Minerva's face. It was wrong of me, and I regret it more than you can possibly know. Seeing what it has made you into...my own blood." She sighed in sorrow.

Raven eyed Morgana incredulously. She walked up to Nimue just as Morgana waved her hand, and the vine covering Minerva's mouth retreated. The look on the redhead's face was one Raven had never seen before.

"Who are you?" she hissed distrustfully.

Raven couldn't see what expression Morgana was making with Amora's face. "I would have thought you'd recognize me. After all, we are so linked, you and I," she said cryptically, but after seeing the blank look on Minerva, she elaborated. "I am Morgana Le Fay. And you are my last descendant."

Raven took a sharp breath and tumbled a few steps back. The revelation stuck her like an arrow through the heart. Her fingers scratched her neck as if it would help her breathe while her other hand snatched Nimue and turned her around.