Chapter 1 - Doomworld

Thelleirilia

"AND NOW! THE MOMENT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!" the voice of the ringmaster echoed through the darkness and towards all the corners of the arena. "WE ARE IN THE FINAL THREE MATCHES OF THE COMPETITION. THE BETS HAVE ALREADY BEEN PLACED, BUT THERE'S STILL A LITTLE TIME LEFT IF YOU HURRY. REMEMBER, THE BETS START AT SIX MONTHS AND TILL NOW HAVE REACHED ONE YEAR AND FIFTEEN DAYS!"

A dramatic pause allowed the background noise to buzz again. A few fans started leaving their seats in order to find a betting booth and place their own bets. The ringmaster eyed the crown with a greedy gleam.

"FROM THE BOG PITS OF THE PLANET ZOLON-X, IN THE QUIETUS GALAXY, THE DESPICABLE, UNBEATABLE, 3-TIMES WINNER THRAN!"

Thran came onto the stage with a roar, the tentacles on his back flexing in show. The crowd roared in cheer. The fanatics rose up and chanted the champion's name throwing their fists in the air.

"THRAN! THRAN! THRAN! THRAN! THRAN!"

Thran's rock-like skin was barely visible in the dim light. It was much easier to see the tentacles that kept moving. That, however, didn't seem to deter the fan's enthusiasm.

"NEXT, FORM THE WARRIOR RACE OF SAKIDOS," the ringmaster continued. "CLONE 23415."

Another wave of cheers echoed throughout the stadium at the announcement of the second favorite champion. The Sak inside the white armor moved like a robot across the stage. It saluted the crowd with respect but didn't take off the helmet. It held off that gesture for the finals.

"AND LASTLY! THE MOST UNEXPECTED CONTESTANT." The crowd went silent. "THE WOMAN WITH NO FACE. THE WOMAN WITHOUT IDENTITY, WITHOUT PAST." the ringmaster paused dramatically. "THE WOMAN WHOSE WORDS CUT AS SHARPLY AS HER KNIVES. THE HUNTER!" he announced.

Noemi took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Her fists tightened at each side of her hips drawing strength and getting in the mood of the fight. Her violet eyes snapped open, ready to face whoever of her opponents was chosen for her. She held her head high as she walked out. There were not alot of cheers for her, but that was a given and it didn't bother her as much. On the contrary, the lack of applause gave her opponents the idea that she was an easy target. Noemi would be so pleased for them to underestimate her. She pictured the look on their faces when she would take their lives and prevail in the contest.

She took her place amongst Thran and Clone 23415. The spotlight followed her and illuminated all three contestants. For a moment the ringmaster didn't say anything further. The only sounds came from the grandstand outside of the wire mesh cage. Then, all of a sudden, two holographic images showed above them. It was her and the Sak.

"THE CONTESTANTS OF THE NEXT MATCH HAVE BEEN CHOSEN." the ringmaster announced. "THE HUNTER AND CLONE 23415 WITH FIGHT IN THE FIRST MATCH. THE VICTOR WILL GO AGAINST THE TERRIFIC THRAN!"

Everything happened in a blur after that. Everyone left the stage except Noemi and the Sak clone. The lights went out deeping them all into darkness. And then, alla of a sudden, two spotlights shone on the contestants. Noemi eyed her opponent with narrowed eyes, not wanting to miss anything. The Saks were one of the most formidable fighters. She knew that she mustn't misscalculate or she would find herself dead shortly. Despite the helmet, she got the impression that the clone was smirking at her.

It dove at her unexpectedly. Noemi leaned to the side just in time. Though the abrupt movement caused her to lose her balance and almost sprain her ankle. That was not a good start. Noemi breathed from her mouth, limping further away, wanting to put as much distance between her and the clone. But the Sak didn't allow it. It attacked her hard and fast. Noemi was barely able to block its blows. She ducked a fist to the head, then grabbed its arm and twisted, rolling its entire body and throwing it hard on the ground. The clone recovered fast, spinning clockwise one stretched leg, successfully knocking Noemi down.