Chapter 33 - Spiritual

Planet of the Gods - Eurilia

"Perhaps I should go first." Amora offered, her cold eyes lingering on the pulsing portal.

Three sets of eyes were magnetized by the ripple of energy. They all felt it calling to them, pulling them close.

"I don't think it matters who goes first. Eurilia is a dead place."

Amora cast her gaze on the Witch. "And what if there are demons there?"

A teasing smirk flickered on Raven's lips. "If there are demons, then it won't be a good idea for you to go first."

She could feel more than see the protest rising in the ice princess. "I'm a very capable warrior." Amora said in a clipped tone.

"Your ice won't do anything against demons. Only my magic can harm them."

"Which you need to preserve for the ritual." Ramiel reminded them, then picked up Noemi's bag and started rummaging through it. "Thankfully, magic isn't our only weapon against demons." he pulled out a cleansing bomb. "We only had two left. Noemi took the other but we only need one to draw away whatever unholy creatures may linger on Eurilia."

Ramiel felt confident as he said his piece. Raven gave him an appreciative look and even Amora was impressed by his initiative. But when he made to pass through the ripple first, the princess placed a hand on his chest.

"I'll take that then." she offered her open palm.

Ramiel swallowed. "No, I got it." he insisted.

A cold smile spread on Amora's lips. "You surprised me Ramiel. You are usually what I would call a coward, but at times you exhibit uncanny bravery." she praised him. "However, I stayed back to look after you, to guard you. So, you'll give me the weapon and I'll go through the portal first."

There was no denying that it wasn't a suggestion. Amora's tone didn't leave any room for misinterpretation that anything other than what she said was going to happen. Ramiel shivered like a wet cat. His chocolate eyes drifted to the bomb in his hand and then back to the white-haired woman. He gave it to her without protest and Amora smiled at him. She shared another look with Raven and then jumped through the rift.

A few heartbeats later, Ramiel and Raven joined her to the other side and a choir of gasps echoed as they took in the land before them. Eurilia looked as if a fire had gone through it and had burned everything in its path. Raven's eyes lingered on the tall tree in the distance. Novah and Astrid had described it to be magical - almost alive in its nature. But now, after the destruction of time, it looked nothing more than a pile of charcoal.

"There's no sign of demons. I guess I was right." Amora's voice snapped her back to reality.

"For now. Demons like to lurk in the shadows," she warned, casting her own eyes around.

Amora nodded, appreciating the advice, while Ramiel shivered remembering the time he had been used as bait by Raven and Noemi.

"We should move. We're sitting ducks here."

Ramiel adjusted Noemi's bag on his shoulder and followed after the princess. He could hear Raven moving next to him. The Witch was silent, and when he looked at her, she appeared deep in thought. Feeling the fear creeping up on him, Ramiel glanced around, searching for possible threats. So, he almost crashed into Amora's back when she stopped abruptly.

Amora's hard eyes were cast upon the wreckage of a ship. Ramiel barely held himself back from inhaling a sharp breath. They all knew which ship that was. Two sets of eyes glanced at the ice princess, weary of her response. But Amora stood as straight and emotionless as a marble column. Neither knew if that was a good or a bad thing.