My Gay Italian Cousin Brings War

That was a little tenser than I wanted but oh well. It had been 3 days since then and nothing had really happened yet. Though, I have been going on morning runs with Steve. The first time he seemed surprised I was awake but he got used to it after the first day. I sparred with the team to keep in shape before their weapons came in via Hermese delivery. Everyone said the Hephestaus campers know what they're doing. Besides that it had been very uneventful. Which is crazy because I'm surrounded by technology, but hey I'll take it.
That was...until Nico called.

That day I was in my room trying to think over this quest. I know we had told the Avengers not to try and figure it out but when do I take my own advice? A rainbow shimmered into existence above the desk in front of me. "Nico?" I ask, finally being able to make out the face in the mist.
"Hello Percy." he says.
"What's up? You usually only call when there's something important." I ask. I'm not opposed to him calling more or anything. I like it when he checks in. I like to know that he's okay but he rarely calls just to check in.
"I uh-I haven't heard from my father in a while. I'm," he paused, seeming to gather his words, "I'm going to visit him and check on things in the Underworld." He looks down. His black hair hiding his almost as dark eyes.
"Make sure you're careful okay?" I say smiling towards him. He looks at me a little surprised.
"Yeah, Will told me to start telling people where I'm going and you're the best acquainted with my father so I thought you would be the best person to tell. Will worries too much."
"Which is rightfully deserved but I must say that you're much better about trying not to die anymore." I smile at him, trying to put off all the memories of him trying to sacrifice himself.
"Yeah," He chuckles, "I'll make sure to call you when I get back." Nico gives me a smile. They're becoming more frequent which makes me happy to see. I smirk.
"See ya' soon, Neeks." I say. Slashing through the mist as his face morphed into embarrassed anger. Laughing, I leave the room to get something for lunch.

It had been two days since that call. I can understand one day but It shouldn't take Nico this long to pop into the Underworld, check on Hades, and leave. I get family bonding and all but no demigod has this much of it.
I was in the kitchen, deciding on if I wanted an apple as a snack or a couple blue pancakes as some brunch, when I finally got his Iris message.
In the moment I didn't care about the immediate eyes of the few Avengers present. I cared more about the weak looking Nico in front of me. Being slightly supported by Will as he held a banana.
"Nico! Are you alright? What's wrong?" I ask, worry overtaking me. Nico acceptably took in the questions before replying.
"Percy there's some serious trouble. Like Giant War serious." As those words left his mouth my mind immediately went to my time spent with no memory and the later travels leading up to the final battle against the Giants. I reached for my nose as if I had the same nose bleed.
"No one has disappeared though, right? No switch-a-roos from Hera so far?" Nico shook his head as Will handed him the now peeled banana.
"No. Percy Tarter sauce is rising and freeing those from their eternal punishment to have them act as his servants." Nico's reply left my blood running cold.
The stench returned to my nose reminding me of every bad moment with Gabe. Every moment I had seen someone die. The burning in the throught and lungs returned as if I was there. It was dark but somehow getting darker.
A hand softly laid onto my shoulder. I flinched hard and reacted immediately. Grabbing the hand I wrenched it off my shoulder, turned to behind me, and pinned the hand to the back of whoever or whatever had touched me. It took a moment before I realized it was only Steve.
I immediately released him and started talking. Ah. I-I'm so sorry Steve I-" he cut off my apology with soft and soothing words.
"It's alright Percy. That reaction was understandable for where you were." He said the last part quietly so only I could hear it.
I took a deep breath and swallowed hard before turning around back to Nico and Will. Nico seeming to be on his second or third banana. "Alright Nico. Tell me what happened while you were in the underworld."

Sorry for not updating in so long. School was busy with finals and I had half this chapter written already but none of my story line with me so it's short and a bit half assed at the end. I'll be adding an extra chapter as a double update tho to make up for it. I hope you all have a great start to summer!

💙🖤💛