Solangelo Extra

"Wi-Will." I rasp out, walking out of the shadows. He was in the clinic. Thankfully not tending to anyone.
    "Nico!" Will says surprised. Grabbing me as I collapse into him. I'm not losing consciousness, yet my body is just too weak to hold itself up anymore. The burning in my lungs lessens but the cold doesn't fade just yet. "What happened?" He picks me up and lays me on a bed nearby.
    "Father is in trouble. I-I went to check on him but he wasn't there. It was Tantalus. I recognize him from the fields of punishment. How did he get out?" I question out loud, laying my hand over my eyes. Going from the Underworld's dim lights to the bright sun was not my favorite thing.
    "Neeks take a breath." Will says before intertwining our fingers. Taking his advice I focus more on breathing. Taking some deep breaths before speaking again.
    "How long was I gone?"
    "A little more than a full day. You left yesterday afternoon and it's about 5pm now." I feel Will's hand tighten in mine. I return the gesture.
    "I need," I take another breath, "I need to call Percy. I need to tell him who he's facing."
    "We'll tell him later. You need treatment and rest first." Will says. I peek out from under my arm to see his classic doctor face. The face I've grown used to after all my times denying treatment. He starts to loosen his grip to walk away.
    "Not yet please." I say, not yet able to process the pleading tone that my voice takes on. I tighten my grip on the fleeting hand holding it. I need his warmth and light, "A little longer please," I watch his face become softer, "just a little longer." I finish a little breathlessly. Will stands there frozen for a moment.
    "Okay," he responds. I release a breath I didn't know I was holding, "As long as you want." He pulls over a nearby chair before sitting down next to me and retightening the grip on my hand.
    "Thank you." We sit there soundlessly for a long time. Or maybe it just felt long. None the less I was content. I felt my body loosen with the fleeting adrenaline, "I'll be fine soon." I say and remove my hand from my face. Though my eyes were still closed.
    "Take your time Neeks." I feel his fingers brush over my cheekbone. I melt into the warm touch, a small voice in the back of my head voicing their thoughts.

Sorry Percy but I'm definitely gonna take my time.