A New Look

A week passes, I have been getting all the contracts ready for Gerard as it's his first day on the job today.

I thought I would come in extra early just to make sure all his paperwork is in order ready for him to start.

I'm standing at the coffee machine, smelling in the aroma as my coffee pours out into my mug.

"Good morning" came a faint voice

I turn around and see Gerard standing there in a pair of navy blue overalls.
They have long sleeves and a pocket on the left hand breast of the outfit.
He has his dark hair parted in the middle, with the front strands dancing in front of his eyelids.
He smiles at me. Those mesmerising eyes creasing at the sides as he does.

"Good morning. How are you feeling?" I say to him

"I'm a little anxious" he replied " but I think I will be ok"

"Well if there is anything you need, I'm here for you" I tell him with a little smile. I want him to know that he can be at ease with me.

"Help yourself to a coffee and come sit with me in the office so I can get all your paperwork signed"

I grab my mug of coffee and head towards the door. I have to side step beside him in the lunch room as it isn't that big at all.

It's a long room, but not too wide. It has 4 chairs lined up along the wall under a clock and a big poster of a Ford Mustang.
At the end of the room is a kitchen worktop area the width of the room.
If I stand in the middle I can touch both walls with my hands. That's how narrow it is.
On the worktop counter is the coffee machine, microwave and some jars with sugar and tea inside them.
There is a little fridge under the counter where we all store our lunches and drinks.

As I squeeze past Gerard, I notice his smell.
He smells fresh. Like warm clean towels on a spring day. It's nice. Normally all I smell here is oil and grease.

As I move towards the door and out of the lunch room, I feel a warmth in my cheeks. Am I blushing?. I think I am!

I walk into my office and sit down at my desk with my coffee. I take a sip and wonder what just happened. I can't have feelings like this towards Gerard. It's the guy's first day at work.
I shake my head to myself, pat myself down and mess with my hair so it just sits draping my shoulders.

I hear footsteps coming

"So what have I got to sign?" Gerard says as he walks through the door.

"Just a few pieces of paperwork and then you will be all set" I replied.

He walks round to my side of the desk.
I hand him a pen and turn my chair towards the desk.

"Just this....this.....and this" I say as I line all three pieces of paper in front of me.

He comes closer to me and leans over so he can put his signature on the papers.
I can hear him breathing as he writes.
I try and sniff very quietly, just so I can smell his scent again.
It's very addictive.
I feel my cheeks warming again
Oh crap, I'm starting to blush again

"All done" he piped up as he moves away from me.

I turn round and he hands me my pen back.
He looks at me in my eyes and then notice my blushed cheeks.
He smiles and his eyes crease again.
My cheeks are getting even warmer.

"I better start work" he says as he turns round and heads for the door

Just before he turns the corner, he looks back at me.
I'm still blushing, trying to contain myself in my head
He gives me that smile again and then walks out of sight

Holy shit! What has just happened with me?
Like, seriously am I falling for him?
Do I like him?
Does he know that I feel like this?

He has to. He noticed I was blushing. The hotness in my cheeks was a dead giveaway. I wonder what he thinks of me blushing at him?

And that smile, oh lord that smile!.
It's enough to make me go weak at the kness everytime I think of it.

I take a deep breath and grab my coffee mug.
I take a couple of huge gulps and place it back down.

My head is racing with thoughts. I can feel a harder than normal beat of my heart in my chest.

This is completely different to what I felt when I first met him.
I didn't expect to feel this way.

I'm going to have to learn to contain my self, especially my blushing, when I around him.

This is going to be hard!

I grab some invoices that are sitting on the edge of the desk and put them in front of me.
I need to do something to keep my mind off how I'm feeling.

I open up the accountancy software on the computer and get myself focused.

I giggle to myself. I'm acting like a schoolgirl.
I'm a 35 year old woman, with a fucking crush!
I don't even know if he's single. He's 45. He could have a wife and 3 kids at home.
I don't know anything about his personal life. I never asked. I was only interested in the professional aspect of him.

Now I'm wondering to myself if he's single!
I need to pull myself together

I should just let this pass. Think logically about the whole situation and just see him as a new friend and work colleague.

That's what I will do

Friend and colleague....

Friend and colleague who smells fucking amazing and has a smile to die for!