Damn Car

"Fucking damn car" shouted Gerard, hitting his fist on the roof of the car.

I walk into the workshop to see him looking stressed and close to tears.

"Hey, calm down babe" I say softly. I pull him in close and give him a hug. He rests his head on my shoulder.

"Oh, this car is really testing my patience" he tells me. "I now have to replace the whole gearbox".

"But you know how to do that, and once you have, it will be ok again. Don't let it stress you out so much" I tell him, still speaking softly to keep the situation calm.

He smiles at me and pulls me in tighter, kissing me softly.

"Ok, back to work" he says as he walks back over to the open bonnet.

I sit down on an old oil drum, planning on keeping him company while he works.

I would offer to help but I think I would just get in the way as I haven't got any idea how to fix cars.

He is elbows deep inside the front of the car, I can here banging and clanging.

"Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" I hear Gerard shout.

He backs away from the car, he is covered from head to toe in oil!.

He has a stunned look on his face , like he's just been shot by a gun and hasn't felt the pain yet.

I stare at him, I can feel laughter building up inside me until I can't hold it anymore.
The loudest laugh comes out of my mouth!.

Gerard is still stood there, arms wide out, just shocked at what has happened.

He looks at me laughing and then suddenly he joins me. His giggles getting louder.

"Oh my god Gee" I chuckle. "Look at the state of you".

"It just squirted at me!. I could stop it!" He laughed.

I grabbed my phone and took a photo of him. I had to savour this moment!
I got up and grabbed a couple of rags that were piled up on the side of the unit that stores the tools.
I started to mop him down, rubbing his arms, trying to remove all the oil.

"I think you may have to go home for a shower" I smiled at him, knowing there was no way a few rags would get him clean.

"I think you may be right" he smiled back.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A few days later, he was back working on the car.

He finally had all the parts that he needed and it was close to being finished.

I came to visit him in the workshop to see how much more he had to do.

"Just have to top up the fluids and then it will be finished" he explained to me.
"I'm thinking of taking it to the circuit next week to give it a really good run"

"Are you sure it will be ok?" I ask. I didn't want it to break down when it's moving at 120mph.

"Yes, it will be fine, trust me" he said, giving me a hug. "I wouldn't do anything stupid, just a few laps and that's it"

The racing circuit is about 20 miles away from the city.
It normally holds large races that are broadcast on TV but sometimes they do days when your average Joe could take their car and ride it around the track.

Harry and my dad used to do it when they were younger. I used to go and watch sometimes. It is quite exciting. Hearing the roar of the engines and watching the cars speed past.

"Did you want to come with me and watch?" Gerard asks.
"Of course I do" I said smiling at him. It will be just like the old days.

"Great, I will book us some tickets and book the car in for some laps" he said excitedly.

I know I shouldn't be worried but I was feeling a little nervous about Gee driving the Trans AM at that type of speed.
It's not the most reliable car but he has fixed it up to a high standard. It will be given the once over by Harry too so if anything was wrong, he would notice and put it right.

I just need to not let my anxiety get to me.

I just couldn't help it. The feelings I felt for Gerard were so strong. I was falling madly for him. In fact, I had already fell.

I was in love with this guy in front of me.
I really wanted to tell him but I didn't know how.

I watched him wash his hands at the sink in the workshop and cleaned up all his tools.

I was just mesmerised by every move he made.

He saw me looking at him.
He griny and gave me the wink he knows I love.

This was my time.

I walked over to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in close.
He wrapped his arms around my waist to join in.

"I've wanted to say this for a while and I can't hold it in any longer...I...I...I love you Gerard" I stutter.

He looks at me. Straight in my eyes. No expression on his face.
I think to myself that I've fucked it up. I'm going to scare him away.

Then he smiles

"I love you too" he replied. "I've wanted to say it too but I've been scared that you didn't feel the same"

I giggle, my body relaxes and I moved my mouth to reach his.
His soft lips touching mine. We move them together slowly.
This time it didn't feel passionate or sexy, it actually felt so much better. This felt like love, happiness and security.

"Oh Gerard, I'm totally crazy about you. I've never felt this way before. You make me feel like I'm the luckiest girl in the world" I smile at him

"I completely understand how you feel because I feel the same" he adds. " Everyday I wake up and I can't wait to see you. You are always on my mind. I truly do love you and I'm totally in love with you"

He leans in and kisses me again.
My body feels this overwhelming warmth spreading all over my skin.

I can't believe this man is really mine, and he loves me.