A Great Deal

A few months have passed and me and Gerard are having the best time of our lives.

Evening meals out, day trips to historic places and sunset trips to the beach. It's been an absolute dream.

We told Harry about our relationship and said that it will not effect our working relationship.
He seemed very relaxed about the whole situation and said he knew how professional we were and could trust us.

Everything just seems to be going so well. I am the happiest I've been in a very long time and I owe that all to Gerard.

It's the beginning of another week at Meadowhall and it is as busy as ever.

We have at least five services booked in every day, air conditioning refills, tyre checks and changes. The garage is really do well since we have more hands on deck.

The weather is changing and summer is fast approaching. This means Gerard has started to tie his overalls around his waist and just having a sleeveless shirt on his top half.

I very much enjoy watching him work from my desk in the office.

The whole garage atmosphere is brilliant because of the warmer weather which makes for happy customers too.

On this morning, I sit at my desk, sipping my coffee watching Gee under a car on the ramp. He's checking the oil levels on a Fiat before he changes the filter and brake pads.

I'm trying to concentrate on my invoices but I can't help but keep glancing up to get a look at my boyfriend. It's still crazy that I get to call him that.

I hear a revving noise from the workshop and look up to find out where it is coming from.
Gee is stood there with his mouth wide open, in shock.
I wonder what has startled him so much!.

I get up out of my chair and walk out of the office into the workshop.

I see a silver and blue Pontiac Trans AM sitting on the forecourt.
Gerard is walking around the car, practically drooling over the paintwork. Harry is stood there and there is another man standing there too.

I walk over to see what is going on.
I hear part of the conversation.

"So I'm really looking to see if you wanted to buy it as I no longer have the space anymore" says the man to Harry.

"I don't think I have the time to restore it back to its former glory, which I'm so sad about" replied Harry.

I look over at Gerard. He's stopped drooling now and I see his eyes lighting up.

"I will buy it off you" he chirped. "I've always wanted to own one of these but never had the chance to before"

Gee turns to Harry. "Would I be able to store it in the old workshop and work on it in my spare time?" He asks, putting on these little puppy dog eyes that could let him get away with murder.

"I can't see why that would be a problem" Harry told him.

"Great, it's a deal then" said Gerad excitedly.

He walks over to the man and shakes his hand. Turns to me and smiles.

Gerard and the man talk for a while, sharing contact information and finalising the deal. I walk into the lunch room and grab my mug to make a latte.

Two minutes later, Gee comes bouncing through the door towards me.

"I own a fucking Trans Am!" He squeals as he's shaking my shoulders.
I laugh at him, watching him get so excited.

"I've always wanted one since I was a boy" he carried on, "and now I have one. This is becoming the best year ever".

He grabs my cheeks and kisses me.

"I have you in my life and now a Trans AM" he smiled. I smile back at him.

"I can't wait to start work on it and we can take it out" he says, glazing over and dreaming of the scenario.

-------------------------------------------------------------

A week has past, it's a Wednesday afternoon and he is spending time sorting out the misfire on the Trans Am.

Harry let him have a couple of hours to work on it as all the customers cars have been finished for the day.

I walk over to the old workshop at the bottom of the yard.
I step through the door with two mugs of coffee. One for me and one for Gerard.

"How is the car looking?" I ask as I take a sip of my drink.

"It's nearly done. I think we can take it out for a ride this weekend" he says, grabbing the coffee I'm holding out for him.

He has worked so hard on it, especially the past few days. He's been staying in the workshop till 9pm every night, trying to get everything perfect so he can take it out on it's first drive with its new owner.

"I'm thinking we could go out to Fisher's Lake and take a picnic with us. Lay in the sun and just relax all afternoon" he smiled. "It's also a perfect spot to watch the sunset" he added.

"That does sound perfect" I said. So you will pick me up at 12pm on Saturday?"

"I sure will. It's going to be a great day" he giggles
"I will sort all the food for the picnic too, so all you have to do is dress comfortably and relax"

"That sounds good to me" I grin.

I walk over and give him a kiss on the cheek.

"I'm so proud of you, for working on this car and making it into something amazing" I smile

He smiles back and gives me a kiss on the lips.

"We are going to have the time of our lives" he laughed, his eyes lighting up with excitement.