Barney

Barney
I wasn't quite sure why Roz Bailey wanted to meet with me over Anastasia and I found out why soon after I told Anastasia and I really was not thrilled about the reason Anastasia gave me. I went anyway, Anastasia said if I took the job it was okay and she could understand if I did. I felt a bit guilty but she said you need to take your shot when they are given to you and we will always be friends and think about how much you can grow with GEH and their resources. I just thought about it, but I keep an open mind about things. Who knows what I could do and all the perks offered to me and my family. The Bailey company is still an iffy situation and my year is up with them.
Roz
Barney was a surprise to say the least, he told me flat out if I was trying to get to Anastasia through him it wouldn't work. He told me that he doesn't like being used for such underhanded plans. I guess they talk and they must be close friends. I ask him about his benefits and he tells me that he thinks it is inappropriate to discuss what his employer offers him to work for them.
Barney
I let her know I won't be talking about what my benefits package are or any perks I get by working with them. Roz then starts telling me what they could offer me to come work for them and she went into a long list of things with me, but there were things that I get now that they aren't offering me and they would have ownership of my current patents and that is not happening. After she knows where I stand she takes me to lunch to talk to Christian in a more relaxed atmosphere. I watch as she emails mr Grey and she says we are ready to go. We travel with a driver and two body guards. A very luxurious limo and I am amazed, but they are wanting more from me they will ever get.
Christian
I try negotiating with mr Miller, but he won't budge on a lot of things and in his position I wouldn't. He is just as brilliant as Miss Steele and he is holding his cards very close to his heart. I asked how Miss Steele would feel if he left Bailey Company?
Barney
She wants me to get and have the best and suggested I take the meeting and if I got a much better job and everything I wanted to go for it and she hold no upsets about me joining another company. Be advised that you are far from the only company wanting me at this stage. Once I was hired to work as Miss Steele's second my name became synonymous with hers in terms of abilities. Each achievement made is both of ours. Each patent we get approved belongs to us both. Neither can prosper on them without we both prosper. Granted she did the lion's share of the work on the patents she is a very generous soul. Me and my family have what we do now is due to her assuring my family is taken care of first and foremost. I am very loyal to her and her son and vice versa to my family. So keep that in mind going forward. The deal you put on the table is unacceptable in a huge number of ways. I think you are very aware of the ways I mean already so there is no point in elaborating on those points.
Roz
I believe we all know we made some errors and we are sorry for that. The contract is what the attorneys called a standard contract, but it shouldn't have been a standard contract. I have a feeling that we can work this out, because we are serious and we want both you and Miss Steele to work at GEH, but we want you as much as we want Miss Steele and if you can tell us what we can do to change in the contract that will change your mind and we can look into whether we can do that or not. If not then we will stop pursuing you.
Christian
Why isn't Miss Steele willing to come and talk about working with me?
Barney
Her reasons are her own and she doesn't want to work for a playboy. Plus even the contract you showed me will take over half of my income away from me before I even walk through the doors of your company and my ideas would then b3 yours and I can't that happen. My patents done on my own are still going through the process. Those have both my name her names on them. But my recent patents she assisted on and then turned over her designs so I can have extra income. I think I have said too much. So I excuse myself and head to the bathroom. I failed to notice that I was being followed by a blonde haired woman. I took my time thinking in the stall. When I walked out she was standing at the sink waiting for me. I hadn't realized that no one had came in while I was in the stall. I walk to the sink and act like she doesn't exist.
Kate Kavanagh
As soon as I see the guy from the Bailey party head to the restroom areas I get up from my table and follow him quietly to the mens room. I lock the door behind us. He is not really making any of the usual noises behind that door. I am thinking that Christian gave him something to think about. As soon as he sees me he ignores me completely. I finally attempt to get information about his lunch with Christian and if he could invite me to the table. He leaves and I follow him right to the table.
Taylor
I am glad Elliott gave us a heads up on Kate Kavanagh and her possible obsession with his brother. So when I see her following mr Miller to the table I stop her from coming over. Miss Kavanagh do not make me call the cops on you, go back to your table now. Mr Grey has not invited you over to his table and from how fast mr Miller was walking to get away from you he hasn't invited you over either. Don't make me call the cops on you for stalking.
Kate
I guess Elliott is very protective of his family. Even Mia has blown me off. I thought she would be easier to pump for information. She had her body guards escort me out of the spa she was at.