Chapter 12

"Hey, wake up kid." I woke to the sound of GoGo and the others shaking me awake.

"I'm not a kid." I mumble as I rub my eyes.

I hear everyone laugh a little, relived to know I still have the same sense of humor.

"I told everyone what happened and we may have found a lead on Tadashi.." GoGo said slowly.

"What?!" I was suddenly wide awake, jolting up in bed. But I immediately regretted it, pain was shooting through my entire body. I laid back in the bed and tried not to scream or cry.

"Take it easy, Hiro." Honey said sympathetically, putting one hand on my arm.

"The doctors still don't know why you aren't getting better." Wasabi said.

"I know why, it's really difficult to explain but if you find Tadashi he'll know how to fix it." I tried not to get into to much detail about it until he was found.

They'll think I'm crazy if I tell them the truth this soon.

"Okay, just another reason to find him faster." Fred said enthusiastically.

"I can't explain it too well right now but I can say this. I won't be getting better at all until Tadashi fixes what's wrong. Until then I'll just get worse and worse until..." I didn't feel the need to finish the sentence. We all knew it was going. "Both our lives are in your hands now."

I looked at all my friends, and Josie in the back. They all nodded, knowing that this was more than they ever could've imagined.

Suddenly I went into a random coughing fit, everyone around me fussing to make sure I was okay.

"I'm fine." I said as I shrugged them off.

"Hiro, your chin.." Josie wiped at it. Blood coming off.

I have less time than I thought. I'm coughing up blood now.

The thought that I could die before seeing my brother anymore finally hit me, bringing tears to my eyes. I looked around at all my friends. They seemed as close to tears as I.

"P-please hurry.."