Chapter 7

"Umm, what do you mean?" I asked, pretending to be confused.

"You know exactly what I mean. I know you remember what happened and I know you're lying to everybody. Now I'll ask one more time! What. Happened. That. Night?!" she repeated

"Fine. But it all started way before that night. Get my phone off my dresser, there is something you need to listen to."

She hesitated but got up to get it for me. She looked at me suspiciously as she handed it to me.

I went to my voice mail and opened the one from the blocked number. The familiar voice filling my room.

"H-Hiro! Don't believe anything they say! Anything! Especially Callaghan! He's alive too! They captured me and they'll come after you eventually! Don't listen!" the voice cut out and was replaced by sobbing, "Hiro, please. Help, I'm alive.."

"W-was that..?" GoGo asked, completely in shock.

"Tadashi. He's alive. He left that voicemail a month and a half ago.  Ever since then I've been trying to find him and help him, but I can't stuck in this damn bed."

"That's what you were doing that night, when those men beat you up?"

"Yes, they work for Callaghan. He's the one who took Tadashi. He probably didn't want Tadashi telling everyone he stole my microbots, so he made him seem dead too.."

"But why did they attack you?"

"I think I was close to finding him and they were sent to stop me."

GoGo sat down and took a second to process everything I just told her.

"I'm going to look for him too." She said quickly, "He was my best friend, I have to help!"

I smile up at her "Good, because I can't do it alone."