CH. 3

THREE:

Saturday, September 8th
10:45 PM

Klaus and I followed Lucien out the elevator to his penthouse doors a few feet to the left. You could hear techno music blaring from inside. "Please excuse the mess. I've been entertaining," Lucien told us, giving a grand gesture with his hands before pushing open the wooden double doors.

"Well, you never were one for subtlety," my boyfriend commented on the scene in front of us.

"What in the vampire orgy...?" I mumbled, looking around in disgust. Biting and making out all over the place. There was blood trailing all these people. It was a freak show.

"Want to join?" Klaus smirked at me.

"No, I want you to pull me close," I said, sliding my hands from his to wrap around his whole arm. Red tinted eyes were on me and fangs out. I was the newest piece of meat at this party.

"I got you, love," Klaus said, doing one better and wrapping an arm around my waist, tucking me into his chest. I saw many people suddenly looking away and then a hiss came from Klaus. I glanced up to see the vein under his eyes and his blue orbs glowing with that orange ring around them.

"Think they got the hint," Lucien said. Everyone was back to minding their business. I smirked, kissing Klaus on his jaw cause it was closest to me.

"Thank you, baby," I whispered to him. He didn't reply, he didn't need to nor did he have the time. Lucien had waltzed across the large condo to a room in the back. We hurried to catch up to follow him inside.

There was nothing but a humongous bed that looked so comfy. It was perfectly made and had a dozen pillows. I wanted this bed in our house—compound. Besides that, all that was visible was a round table by the door covered with lit candles and bowls with bones in or around them. Ew.

Klaus scoffed, "You brought me here to have a seance"

"Something like that," Lucien said. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw something move. Or someone. A woman was walking out what I assumed was an en suite. She was a little tall, had gypsy look about her, but not in a way I admired. She had something dark to her versus my love for the carefree, boho lifestyle. And I certainly didn't like the way she was eyeing my man. "I present my personal forecaster, the lovely Alexis," Lucien introduced.

"Don't tell me you're here to scry some future portents of my doom," Klaus practically laughed.

"Alexis is no back alley palm reader. She's an expert cipher of patterns, trends, cycles. She's extraordinary on the stock market and never fails to guess the winner of 'the bachelorette'," Lucien was rambling as Alexis made her way over to us languidly.

Her eyes were raking Klaus from head to toe, a soft smirk pulling at her lips. Then she dared to stop in front of him, as if I wasn't glued to his side. "And is she blind?" I spat.

"No," Lucien said.

Alexis smiled seductively, reaching a hand out towards Klaus, slipping it under the unbuttoned part of his shirt. I was in shock that she was so bold, I stood frozen as she placed her hand over his heart. "Touch forward, isn't she?" Klaus smirked.

I snapped out of it then, my arms stretching out in front of me to shove her away from Klaus. "Do you have a death wish?!" I yelled as she stumbled back, catching herself before she landed on her ass.

"Danielle," Lucien hissed.

Klaus chuckled, his hands grabbing me by my hips from behind. "This is Danielle, my very jealous, very possessive girlfriend who spends way too much time in the gym," Klaus said. "So I suggest you keep your hands to yourself, love, or she'll kick your arse."