CH. 15

FIFTEEN:

Tuesday, December 25th
7:30 PM

I smiled, waving at Hope who was reaching for me. I had to go get the Mikaelsons so we can open presents. Well, all but one of them. Freya was plopped on the floor with Hope, Hayley, and Jackson who stuck around. "One of us is still meant to fall by family," Rebekah was telling her brothers as I approached the three Originals.

"Right now, what concerns me is our enemies," Klaus was saying when he saw me. He reached his arm out to wrap around my waist. "They have the weapon they intend to use against us. They cannot know that we found you, Rebekah. Our best advantage is if they believe you are lost at sea."

Rebekah frowned, "Then I can't stay, can I?"

I bit my lip as I saw the brother's faces. Klaus looked very bothered and Elijah was teary eyed. They really miss her. Despite not liking her or even getting along with her myself, I do wish the men got more than a few hours with their sister. "Hey, you can stay a little longer. We were just about to open presents," I said with a forced smile. They all looked so sad that it was making me uncomfortable.

"It's okay," Rebekah told her brothers. "Let's do presents... and don't worry, my wish already came true. We have this moment."

"Hey," Klaus whispered turning to me. "I know we said no exchanging gifts, but I got you something."

I smiled, "what? No. You proposed!"

He chuckled, leaning in to kiss me lips gently and teasingly as he pulled away. "I love you."

"I love you too, now where's my present?"

Klaus laughed, letting me go enough to just take my hand and tug me to the Christmas tree where everyone else waited. Klaus and I sat down, my fiancé grabbing hold of a large box and sliding it in front of Hope. "Oooh, what did daddy get you?" Hayley cooed.

"Where's mine?" I nudged Klaus playfully.

He rolled his eyes, grabbing another wrapped present. Mine was small, perfect to fit between my hands. I furrowed my eyebrows for a moment before going back to watching Hayley and Jackson help open Hope's gift. "Oh, my god," I gasped as it was revealed. It was a rocker for our princess to sit on. And it was a swan! It was gorgeous.

Hope squealed loudly, getting out of Hayley's lap and to her feet. Her little arms, wrapped the swan head in a tight embrace. "She loves it," Hayley said, grinning herself.

"Now open yours," Klaus told me while grabbing hold of his daughter, and tugging her into his lap. He hugged her to him, kissing her cubby cheeks. I smiled at the two as I undid the bow on top of my box. I gasped at the glass ornament in my hand.

"What is this?" I murmured, bringing it up closer to my face to see what was in it. I grinned as it revealed a picture frame. Klaus, my dad and I.

"Turn it around," Klaus said.

I spun it to see a different picture on the other side. My face creased as I aww'd at it. It was Klaus and I with Hope. Absolutely adorable. "My dad with his little girl, and you with yours. I love it, baby. Thank you."

"I got one for Hope too," Klaus told me after I kissed his cheek. "Hayley and her on one side. Us with her on the other. Because you're permanent."

I winced, glancing at Jackson. But he was engrossed with a teddy bear he was playing with, hugging Hope while Hayley laughed. I turned back to Klaus with a grin, shaking my head. "You had no doubt I would accept your proposal, did you?" I asked.