CH. 20

TWENTY:

Monday, January 7th
11:03 AM

Klaus and I settled in the couch, nestled together. I was practically on his lap. "So how are you two doing since our first session?" Dr. Jacobson asked us.

"Fine," I giggled as Klaus, tried to slip his hand up my shirt. I stopped him just in time, pushing it back down. I blushed as I looked back at Dr. Jacobson's face. It was still, expressionless besides a raise brow.

"Do you both remember where we left off?" Our therapist questioned.

"Yes our first break up. You mentioned something about patterns," Klaus spoke up.

"Danielle claimed the breakup was when she got pregnant. Before an abortion?" Dr. Jacobson asked for confirmation.

I grimaced, but nodded my head, "yes."

"The way you both reacted to that word, abortion, tells me there was either a problem. Or you didn't grieve," Dr. Jacobson concluded.

"A mix of both," I admitted. "But I do believe Klaus and I are over talking about the subject."

Dr. Jacobson hummed, "What happened next? You got back together? When? How? For how long?"

I pulled away from Klaus, "one month."

"The cause of your second break up?"

"I finally said I love you, and he said he was questioning his feelings for me. He wasn't sure if he was in love with me too. That night... we had sex. He was cold, distant, rough... It was terrible. I felt like a cheap whore. Like we hadn't spent nearly a year going back and forward, falling in love," I shared.

"You want to chime in here, Klaus?"

"She told me how she felt, I brushed her off and then did the opposite of what I promised her. I packed a bag and left. Went to a different town for some space to think. There was drama. And then I..." Klaus trailed off, scratching at his scruffy jaw.

"He slept with another girl. Came home and told me about it like it was a good thing. Then had the nerve to say I love you back," I finished for him.

Dr. Jacobson raised an eyebrow, "So you broke up with him because of the infidelity, understandable. Yet, here you are. Together."

"I forgave him," I shrugged. "I loved him."

Klaus sighed, "can we fast forward, please?"

I shot him an annoyed look, "Baby." Klaus in a flash was in front of Dr. Jacobson who barely reacted. I gasped, "Klaus! Stop! Don't you dare!"

Klaus ignored me, grabbing Dr. Jacobson's head in his hands. "I'll show you everything, doctor," Klaus practically growled.

I pursed my lips as the doctor screamed, head thrown back and eyes closed. Klaus was forcing all his memories onto this poor man. "The talking is the therapeutic part. The outside opinion," I commented.

The yell stopped, Klaus spoke then, "don't be scared, doctor. I won't hurt you." He was compelling him. I rolled my eyes as Klaus slowly stepped away from Dr. Jacobson. "All caught up?"

Dr. Jacobson nodded, "Your one night stand ended in a pregnancy. You have a child with a... werewolf... What are you?"

His voice was shaky and his eyes were wide. But his body language, completely composed. He wasn't scared. Just confused. Klaus just let him into a whole other world. I had no idea how much. "What exactly did you show him?" I asked.

"Our relationship," Klaus said, shrugging. "He knows what I am. A hybrid, half vampire, half werewolf."

"A father, a brother, and devoted entirely to you," Dr. Jacobson chimed back in, looking between us. I raised an eyebrow. "I understand why you forgive him. He didn't just show me pictures. There were words, feelings attached. He... definitely loves you. And in his eyes... you see him entirely different than the rest of the world."