CH. 26

TWENTY SIX:

Saturday, January 19th
6:06 PM

The sky was a bright orange, the sun going down was beautiful. Yet it did not change how ugly things had turned with Elijah's sudden and unwelcome appearance. The lanterns on the bridge had cut on seconds ago as silence surrounded the four of us. However, the tension between everyone was too thick to slice.

The three of us frozen, facing the suit clad Original. Minutes had passed before I shared looks with Marcel who looked just as incredulous as I felt. I could see a flicker in Klaus' eye when I turned to his neck. All of us wondering why the hell Elijah was here.

"Step aside, Niklaus, Danielle," Elijah was the first to speak up.

"Keep my name out of your mouth," I spat on impulse. "You do not get to tell me what to do. Your judgment is off it's rocker."

"Elijah, this is a private conversation. Your concerns can wait," Klaus told him, storming past Marcel and I to march forward to address his big brother face to face.

"No, they cannot," Elijah argued calmly, but that edge to his voice didn't leave. It only made me more livid. This guy needed to be kicked off his high horse, yesterday.

"Same Mikaelson drama. One of you is trying to make peace, the other one is eyeing me like I'm a rabid dog," Marcel commented, gesturing to Elijah in disbelief.

"Well, then tell me my concerns are unfounded Marcellus," Elijah retorted curtly, jaw clenching and eyes narrowed.

"Oh, what I got to prove myself? To you?" Marcel scoffed, voice raising. But he stood a couple feet behind Klaus, right next to me as he emotionally pleaded his case to Elijah. "Davina was like a daughter to me and you condemned her to a fate worse than death. So how is it my job to prove myself to you?!"

"Alright, that's enough," Klaus said, glancing back at Marcel. I opened my mouth to tell him off because Marcel wasn't in the wrong. And he needed to speak his mind. The only want to heal is through. Avoidance is not the answer. "Both of you," Klaus added before I said a word and his eyes on me were a warning. Then he turned his gaze back to Elijah.

"You tell me where it is," Elijah demanded then. Voice lowering down an octave. A chill ran down my spine as I caught on to what was happening. Oh, no. He knew. The serum. I gulped softly. I stared at Elijah but he was focused solely on glaring at Marcel. I could practically see steam coming out of his ears. If he were a bull he be pulling one foot back over and over, ready to charge like an animated cartoon character.

"What? This?" Marcel asked, pulling out a little bottle from his pocket.

I winced. This was bad. Very bad. My fiancé slowly turned, his whole face different. He was suspicious now. The worst thing he could be. It was a step away from paranoid. The accusation in his eyes and the snarl of his lip, made my blood run cold. Betrayal. That's what this was turning into. And I was afraid of the rage he would have when he found I already knew.

"What the hell is that?" Klaus questioned, malice in his tone.

"That, my dear brother," Elijah chimed in, his cadence back to normal but with this deadly tone. He was always calm for the most part. Yet this was different. I could practically see his metaphorical red door opening. "Is a wicked little gift from our friend Vincent," he finished his sentence.

"I guess he figured better me than Aurora and now that I got it, I can't help but think, why not take it?" Marcel mused. "I mean loyalty never got me anywhere and the only thing you respond to is a show of force."

"Marcellus, end this foolishness right now," Klaus rasped out. His voice equally threatening as his brother. It was his calmness when he was mad that scared me most.