(Y/N) 7

"X stop, what the hell are you doing!?"

The killer that was about to bludgeon me to death stopped and turned, facing with Jane as she barreled into the room, slamming the door shut behind her. "Put the damn bat down, X!"

"Jane? This fucker isn't Toby! It's a literal outsider disguising and pretending to be him!"

Jane walks up and shoved the X fellow aside, kneeling to me where I was slumped on the floor and grabbed a random t-shirt that was lying around on the ground, quickly covering it over my wound.

"Jane..." I groaned, looking at her weakly, "please take me back, or just put me out of my misery. I don't want to do this."

"Take it easy champ..."

X guy looked completely puzzled by the whole situation. "Jane. Did you hear what I said?"

"I heard what you said, and I know this isn't Toby. There was a mix-up and it's all on me but we're going to get him back, I promise. Just please stay out of this and leave them alone..."

X's gaze moved to me and he gave me a dark glare beneath his gas mask. Knowing Jane was there to protect me, I stick out my tongue at him. Sad sucker waited too long to kill me, too bad for him. Although, I was kinda willingly accepting death at that point...

"What's going on here. Why are you helping them? Does Toby's boss know about this?" X-Virus shot questions at Jane, quickly flipping me off from behind his back. "No and he can't know a thing. I'm going to bring the human back where they came from and get back our Toby." Jane responded, sliding her arm underneath mine after situating the makeshift cloth around my wound and helping me up off the ground.

She then help set me down on the bed and added calmly, "Stop panicking cupcake we'll get you home. We've got to get you help with this injury though first..."
"But what about the proxies?" I questioned, "They're expecting me to meet them up right about now."

Jane looks to be thinking for a bit before she turns to X-Virus and sighs, "X, please, I need you to help me out here so we can get the real Toby back without any issues. Stall for fake Toby, would you? Make an excuse, anything so that the proxies don't come snooping and find out what we've got here."

The male stared between us for a long time, looking very unwilling to be of any help, but eventually sighed and rubbed the back of his head. "Fine. I'll do it. But if he's not back here by tonight, your little human toy is dead."

He then spun around without another word and left the room, slamming the door behind him.

Jane faced me and shook her head, "Don't mind him, he's a good friend of Toby's so of course he's gonna be upset but we're going to get you out of here ASAP, okay?"

I roll my eyes and lay back on the bed, staring up at the ceiling. "I know I said nothing interesting was going on in my life but I didn't need this," I sighed. "Honestly starting to wish Toby just killed me back at my place. Why did I have to get cursed to look like him..."

Jane patted my arm gently and stood up, heading for the door again. "I'm going to get someone I trust to help you patch up those injuries, then we'll head out. Just hold tight and try not to drive yourself crazy by worrying," she said.

I hold up a thumbs up in the air and then she quickly slipped out of the room.

I stay laid on the bed, continuing to stare up at the ceiling, then I occasionally take glances across Toby's room. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping to myself that my stranger-twin was still alive and not in prison or anything at this point, and I hoped more than anything that he didn't hurt my parents and that they were still alive. I think to myself in silence, let the throbbing pain in my side slowly push me into a light sleep.