Ticci Toby 7

When we pull into the driveway upon reaching (Y/N)'s home, my eyes immediately locked onto the worrisome scene that was now taking place in front the neighbor's front yard.

There were police cars parked all into the neighbor's driveway and along the side of the street. There were people all suited up coming in and out of the house, and there were crime scene tapes placed all around the perimeter.

Did...one of the killers go on a hunt here while we were gone...?

"What the hells going on over there? Oh god it's Jim... this doesn't look good," Ryan muttered as he parked the car and turned off the engine. "Let's get (Y/N) inside...they shouldn't have to see all of this after what they've been through yesterday..." Steven tried to say to Ryan in a whisper, but my enhanced hearing picked it up anyways.

"What's h-happening over there?" I ask, trying to sound curious and concerned like most clueless innocent people, although for the most part I can probably safely assume one of the killers targeted the neighbor earlier. "Don't worry about it, let's just head inside. We'll talk with the police later on," Steven told me, getting out of the car and opening the back door for me. I carefully step out, making sure not to aggravate my injury and grab onto Steven's arm.

I look up and notice one of the people gathered over there, an officer, was now heading towards us with a clipboard tucked under his arm. Steven held onto my shoulders nervously and Ryan quickly came around, approaching the officer first before he got to us. "Yes? What's going on here?" Ryan questioned, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Yes sir ah—I'm afraid to inform you but...there's been a horrible crime scene right here inside your neighbors home. Your neighbor; Mr. Jim Hawthorne was one of the victims, sadly, but unlike the other victims, he passed from what the medical examiners determined as a heart attack."

"That's ...damn..." Ryan responded, looking away and covering his mouth slightly with his hand. Steven's grasp on my shoulders seemed to tighten just a bit more, but I listened closely to what the man was saying, at the same time feeling myself becoming slightly unhinged being so close to an officer.

"Before I reveal anymore of what was found...you folks don't have any knowledge of anyone that may have been trying to target Mr. Hawthorne, do you?"

"No sir."

"...Well, this very well would have been a case of another one of these freakish murders that have been happening in our city for quite some time now..." The officer said this, then scratched his head, pulling the clipboard from under his arm and looking at it with a bit of uneasiness. "...in our case here, the suspected criminals who may have been attempting to target Mr. Hawthorne were instead... all presumed to have been murdered by one of their own inside of the home."

My head cracked to the side and I narrowed my eyes, wondering what could he have meant by that? Maybe it wasn't our killers, but a group of regular outsider thugs?

The officer continued reading from the clipboard, "We have one suspect from the scene who is alive and in custody. He appears to have cut off one of his own arms, yet we cannot confirm this as he hasn't spoken one word since we took him in, and we can't seem to get him to speak by any circumstances."

My curiosity almost persuaded me to ask aloud what this certain 'suspect' looked like, just so I could confirm it wasn't one of the other killers. But luckily, Steven cut in and shook his head, "I'm sorry but...this is quite too much. Our (Y/N) was attacked by one of these wild murders on the loose yesterday and hearing this happening again so close by is just too much. Please excuse us."

Steven then turned me around and started walking me away from the officer while Ryan stayed back to listen to the rest of what he had to say.

"D-Dad, it's okay, really. I wanted to h-h-hear what happened to Mr.....Hawkthrone...." I murmur as he takes me to the front door and unlocks it, then pulls me into the house. "You need your rest bud. You've been up and about all day, and I'm so proud of you for making such fast improvement and recovery from your injuries but you don't want to push it too far. Let's get you to bed so I can change your bandages and you can rest up, alright?"

I ...could have argued with it, but I was actually okay with Steven's resolve. Besides, I was formulating my own plan of how to find out what occurred in that house while I was gone.

I'll wait till Steven and Ryan go off to bed, then I'll sneak my way onto the crime scene and try to gather some clues at to what happened and who these mysterious victims were.

I.....then recall the unpleasant reaction I had earlier at the restaurant when the operator symbol bled over on my wrist and appeared on my head. The black blood I threw up in the sink...

Just thinking about it and pairing it with this strange incident that happened next door started to make me feel sick again. What if...what if the proxies really were the ones to enter that house? How could...would one of them really turn against the others like that? On a mission?? No fucking way!

It doesn't make any sense!

We pledged our very loyalty and souls to Slender. Who would be completely stupid enough to do something as inconceivable as harm the other proxies?? To make things even stranger, the officer said they were murdered. We...can't die that easily...unless you're amped up with enough force and strength to kill a servant of SlenderMan, it can't be done.

I just can't wrap my head around all of this, it seems like too much and what I think might be true couldn't possibly....

I blink and notice that I've spiraled off into my own mind for quite a while, completely ignoring the fact that I was still standing there with Steven. "You see what I mean?! All that mess out there is giving you flashbacks of what happened, isn't it? Come on kid," Steven sighed heavily, staring to walk me to (Y/N)'s room.

Steven directs me to go change into some pajamas, then when I come back out I plop myself into the bed still woozy and trying to piece things together in my head. I lay back while Steven redos my bandages, wondering how things are going back at the mansion and if Slender knows if something is up or not.

"Alright done. Get some rest, (Y/N)," Steven said once he was done fixing me up. "G'night Dad..." I murmur absentmindedly as he steps away from my bed. He seems to glance at me longingly before adding, "Sleep well. Any nightmares or anything like that, please come to me, alright?"

He casted me a worried glance. I slightly smile at him and wave him off playfully, trying to be assuring. "I'll be f-fine. Promise."

He smiled back, but with more unease than before, then he slowly turned and left the room, closing the door behind him.

Now, it's just for me to sit back until the time is right for me to sneak out and start my own investigation.

There's no way in hell that my team—SlenderMan's proxies— are dead. There's just no way.

There's just no way...

It can't be...