Chapter 11.

I whizzed through the sky, baring the pain of my mate as I made it my personal mission to protect him from whatever happened to be hurting him and as I began to approach the pack I noticed a pair of silvery white wings circling in the sky.

But they weren't Eve's wings.

As I approached the wings I noticed attached to them was a tall dark skin man with low cut black hair and very strong facial features so prominent.

He was the other white winged Assassin Angel Elijah whom I happened to run into occasionally.

He approached me with a concerned look on his face.

Eli what's wrong, why are you here?" I asked the moment we were close enough for contact.

"I was given a mission by the Moon Goddess to keep you under control, I fear something is about to happen," He said nervously.

Another surge of pain shot throughout my entire body as I flinched in the air.

"I can't discuss this right now, I need to see something done," I said before I whizzed down towards the pack house as I crashed down onto the ground, racing into the pack house.

I noticed Natasha sitting on the couch with another pack member as she looked over at me with slight concern.

"Where is Alpha Derek?" I asked without hesitation.

"The pack hospital, I could show you where it is," Natasha suggested.

I nodded my head and she immediately got up and led me throughout the territory until we reached a large red brick building. We walked through the double doors and was welcomed white as nurses and doctors rushed around. We walked down a hallway until we reached a door and as Natasha pushed it opened I was welcomed to a shirtless Alpha Derek.

Body was littered with painful scratches and bite marks, lower abdomen heavily bandaged, a giant deep bite mark on his neck.

I sighed in relief.

"So was that payback? Was all of this payback towards me?" He asked as he looked up with an annoyed expression.

"What the fuck are you talking about Derek?" I asked, instantly annoyed by his presence.

"You went off and fucked some other guy to get revenge and that I will allow because I deserve it, I just want you to hear my side of the story, what I don't understand is why you decided to bring a shadow walker onto my territory to attack me?!" He yelled as he stood up from the hospital bed and approached me.

I almost forgot all about Elizabeth, I was so emotional last night I just left her with Eve and assumed she was safe.

"I decided to bring her because she is my daughter and I didn't bring her to attack you," I rolled my eyes as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"She's not your daughter, how can you stand here and say a shadow walker is your daughter?" He growled as his eyes darkened.

I walked up to him as I jabbed a finger into his chest causing him to slightly wince and back away.

"I will say whatever she is, I have raised that young girl and taken care of her since she was a baby," I hissed.

'Elizabeth darling where are you?' I spoke into her mind.

Silence.

It was as if I couldn't feel her or even hear her thoughts.

'Elizabeth?'

I concentrated hard to try and look through her eyes, as I was finally able to connect through I noticed her eyes were drooping as if she were tired. She was looking down at the ground and I noticed there was blood everywhere.

'Mommy? It hurts,'

"Elizabeth what hurts?'

'It hurts really bad,'

I opened my eyes as I was welcomed by a golden trail leading towards the forest. As I quickly followed the trail I noticed a pair of white wings sticking out from behind a bush.

I quickly ran over to the pair of wings and held back tears as I stepped into the clearing to see Eve kneeling over a very bloody Elizabeth as she was lying on the ground, surrounded by her own metallic smelling blood. Her fangs were clearly visible and her mouth filled with a blood that didn't seem to be hers. It stood out more against her pale skin as her veins appeared more visible due to her slight transformation from feeding but she still had her same innocent face she always had. Her clothes were drenched as I noticed giant wolf like bites all over her body.

"Ava you said a mate was supposed to love and cherish you," Elizabeth whispered as she noticed a stepped forward in shock.

I bent down to her level.

"Yes I did say that didn't I," I frowned as I felt a tear slide down my cheek.

"He hurt you mommy and he made you run away so I attack him for you," She coughed as more blood began to leak from her wounds and her skin became almost translucent.

I pressed my hands onto her neck, desperately hoping that I could somehow heal her but I couldn't. Only those of white wolf descendent were able to be healed by us Angels.

"Elizabeth you didn't have to do that, I would have roughed him up myself when I came back," I smiled as more tears began to spill from my eyes.

"Will I be alright mommy? I feel weird," She said as she realized what was happening to herself. She grabbed for my hand as tears began to to escape from her bright green eyes as she looked at me with such genuine love.

This was a different kind of love, something I could never experience from any man in my life, a love that didn't require my body or my status. It was the love from a child, a child that wasn't even mine. Someone who looked at me and saw nothing but their entire world. A love that I would never be able to experience again.

I nodded my head.

"Yes Elizabeth I promise you'll be alright, the Moon Goddess will take care of you from now on as you both watch over me from the Gates above,"

"She's so pretty mommy, she looks like you almost," She smiled as she looked up, staring at the tree tops.

The Moon Goddess always took the form of what you needed to see the most and in this case Elizabeth needed to see me, Eve and I were the only ones she saw the most and grew up with in her short amount of time.

"I love you, I'm so sleepy," She whispered to me as her eye lids began to droop and her grip on my hand began to feel weaker and weaker. Before I knew it I felt my body shaking with sadness as her hand went limp and her breathing ceased.

"Please don't go, not right now," I cried out as I picked up her bloody corpse and began to walk through the clearing with Eve watching me closely behind. I fell onto my knees as I screamed out in pain, a scream that could be heard from miles away.

I looked up and noticed the sun trying to peek out from behind the clouds so I spread my wings and slowly began to fly up into the sky with her small delicate body still in my hands.

I flew past the clouds as the sun's rays began to spread all over my body and onto hers. I watched as her body began to disintegrate under the rays until I was left with nothing but ashes in my hands and a broken heart.

Was everyone I loved destined to die around me?

He killed her.

He killed her.

He killed her.

He had to have killed her.

My body began to shake out of anger as my vision slowly began to run red, the sky all around me turning a deep blood red as I let out a blood curdling scream signifying my anger and frustration.

I wanted his blood.