Chapter 18.

Ava POV

Life has a funny way of reminding you just how mortal you once were. The only difference between us was the duration of our lives and how much we could endure, despite those things we weren't much different. They say the Moon Goddess made us in her likeness, given a life that was not meant to have so did I truly appreciate the live that I was given?

The answer was simple.

Yes.

To feel heartbreak, to feel pain, to feel love and be loved.

That's what it meant to be alive in this world.

I was currently in the Blood Moon pack house in a bedroom that Derek brought me in. The moment he laid me down he immediately left to give me space to recollect all of my thoughts. After Derek whispered into my ear that he wasn't the one that killed Elizabeth for some reason I broke down, I sensed with true sincerity in his heart and mind, because I can read minds, that he honestly did not kill her.

It was Taylor, whom I would deal with later.

I spent so much energy trying to murder him for something he didn't do, blaming him for my love lost but if it weren't for the other Angels I would have lost two of my loves in one day.

Love.

Did I love Alpha Derek?

Everyday the pull felt stronger and stronger despite our missteps but yet, this was no where near worse than Alpha Liam.

Of course I would able to disintegrate Taylor for not only marking what was mine but also killing another I love.

I heard a knock on the door and as I sat up there revealed a very concerned looking Alpha Derek.

He stepped inside and closed the door behind him as he noticed I was awake. He cleared his throat as he sat on the bed with hesitance in his aura.

"Are you alright? This has been a wild couple of days," He said as he finally broke the silence.

"I've been better, you should try being in my head it's honestly a mess," I muttered as I rubbed my forehead.

"Well it's good that you're safe from yourself and feeling better, maybe some rest will make you feel better," Derek suggested.

"No I have to finish my mission, it's still ingrained into my brain so therefore the mission isn't complete," I urged.

"Why don't you rest for just a day or two before you and then me and the other Angels can worry about Liam," Derek said sternly.

"What the fuck do I look like allowing the other lower ranking Angels to finish a job while the Black winged Assassin Angel rests in bed because she's feeling a little down?" I said flabbergasted as I looked at him with confusion.

I noticed a twinkle of amusement sparkle in his eyes as he looked at me.

"You just got mind fucked, you attempted to kill me after your vampire child died, temporarily had your memory erased but somehow your mind was able to repair them as you went through an explosive episode in the middle of some protective bubble? I think that's more than feeling a little down," He explained with squinted eyes.

"Sounds like a normal Tuesday to me," I shrugged my shoulders as I grinned.

"You Angels are insane, and I was just lucky enough to be the mate of one," He muttered as he slightly chuckled.

Silence overtook us for a moment as he looked out of the window and I studied his face.

He was a very attractive man, more mature than when you usually find your mate but time was irrelevant to me for I was centuries old. A werewolf and Angel pairing always confused me because no matter what I did my mate would always die before me since I could not die, only under certain circumstances. Was I just destined to watch my mate die of old age as I continued to live on in heartbreak?