Chapter 22.

Ava POV

(We are going back a little in the story to when the door closed on her in her mind, to show you the memories and why they were so important.)

I grabbed the handle of the door and tried to use all of the strength I had in my body but it was no use, it just wouldn't budge. I banged on the door as I screamed, ultimately giving up and pressing my back against the door as I slid down it.

"What do you want from me?!" I screamed out to nothingness.

"Wait up Avangeline!" I heard the small voice of a little boy.

I immediately stood up as I looked around at the darkness.

"Hello? I called out.

A small light brown mousy haired boy with sweet freckles and baby blue eyes appeared before me as if he were glowing.

Avangeline come on, you're so slow," He giggled as he ran away.

For some reason this boy seemed so familiar.

He began running towards the light so I had no choice but to follow him.

I ran through the light after the little boy until a pack territory came into view. It was a beautiful sight. It was a smaller wolf pack than usual populations, there was a field with all k=different kind of wild flowers bloomed everywhere and little children ran around playing with each other or their families as shifted wolves pounced on each other and played.

"Avangeline!" The same boy called out to me.

Just then a small little girl with honey brown eyes and jet black curly hair and the cutest smile popped her head out from under a bush.

"I'm right here Avon!" She giggled as she climbed out of the bushes.

The little boy pouted.

"Don't run away from me,"

"You still never found Evangeline!" The girl screamed.

Just then another little girl with similar appearance appeared as she huffed. It was obvious that these two were sisters, twins even.

He didn't even bother looking for me! That's because he likes you!" Little Eve pouted.

"Eww Avon you can't like me, that's gross but we have to stay friend thought," Little Ava giggled.

So Avon was an old childhood friend, I couldn't understand why he was so important.

A door appeared right beside me so I decided to enter it, this must be my minds way of leading me out of here so I guess I had no choice but to follow it. I was outside again but this time in front of me were the same two children as before but this time they looked to be about young teenagers. It was a dark and starry night as the two teens were laying in that same field as they looked dup at the stars.

"Avon do you like me?" I asked as I laid down beside him on the ground just looking up at the stars.

"Is it that obvious?" He sighed beside her.

"A little but it's okay...I like you too," I said as a smile was plastered onto my face.

HIs head snapped in my direction as the ends of his mouth began to twist upwards into a grin.

"Really?" He asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, I just don't want to take it too far because we are a few years away from finding our mates, it would complicate things," I frowned.

Gloominess washed over Avon's face as he looked away.

I got up from the ground and swung my leg over his waist so that I was now straddling him as he looked up at me with shock and blushed. I lowered my head down so that our lips were touching ever so slightly and I smiled.