Chapter 20.

Zachary POV

I opened my eyes and watched as the protective shield around us began to disappear. I looked in front of my to see Ava still in front of me but her hands were now in her lap and her eyes were still glowing bright gold.

I was so confused.

What just happened? What was the memory and why didn't it allow for me to see it?

"Zachary!" I heard a yell behind me. I turned around to see a very concerned Eve and Alpha Derek running towards me, trying to figure out what was happening.

"What's going on? Why is she still sitting there with her eyes all glowing?" Alpha Derek questioned.

"Her mind has kicked me and and apparently wants to show her something only she is allowed to see," I shrugged my shoulders as I stood up, dusting the dirt from my back side.

"What was so secretive that her mind had to show her and not you? Your power is seeing into the past for Goddess sake!" Eve said irritated.

"I don't know! I was forced out and she was forced in and that's all I have to say about that," I growled in annoyance.

I noticed as Derek walked over to Ava and picked her up bridal style, arms flopping to her side as she nuzzled into his neck.

"Just make sure you make it back Avangeline," He whispered into her ear.

I watched as her body shivered and flinched when he said her full name. Something had to be wrong id her body reacted this way even when is was unconscious.

"Eva what's the reason for Avangeline hating her full name?" I called out.

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed she flinched so badly in Derek's arms that heroes flashed red as she flinched so badly, he nearly dropped her.

"I'm going to lay her down so she can calm down," Alpha Derek insisted as he advanced towards the pack house. I watched Ava's beautiful figure in his arms as she cuddled into his chest, relaxed by the touch of her mate due to the mate pull.

It saddened me that I could possibly lose Ava forever because she truly belonged to her mate.

I turned around to noticed Eve eyeing me very closely, as if curious.

"Ava told me that it still hurts because it reminds her of when Liam called her that and ten abused her," She explained slowly, still eyeing me closely.

I shook my head and sighed.

"For her to have the reaction it's not enough and I think she doesn't even know the real reason. I think it may have something to do with her mortal self, almost like an instinct whenever someone says her name to just expect pain. She's just making up excuses to fill in the gaps.

"If you're so smart why didn't you foretell that her being with both you and Nicholas would mess her up?" Eve glared at me.

"I can only see the past, I can't see into the future, no one truly can," I sighed.

She mumbled something to herself, something that even I couldn't hear as she took off into the sky with her white wings flapping beside her. She reminded me so much of her sister, so free spirited and out spoken.

I decided to go and visit Ava to make sure she was okay as I walked into the pack house. As I may my way up to the second floor I heard hushed voices behind one of the doors.

"After everything we've been through, you're really choosing her?"

"It's not that simple and you know it, I told you if I never found my mate then you would be my Luna but I've found her and I can't and won't abandon her,"