Chapter 10

Bonnie POV:
Yes, we have to talk. Seeing that Stefan is here, I can assume that you have been informed of the mistake Elena and I made, correct?

Klaus POV:
Yes, may I ask what possessed you to call upon her?

Bonnie POV:
We simply wanted to get even for everything you have done to Elena. Elena has been through hell since she lost her parents. Nevertheless, everything else she had to endure once she began dating Stefan. She deserves to be happy and you have caused a lot of pain to her. I simply was trying to protect and keep my best friend safe.

Klaus POV:
I must say, I respect your loyalty to your best friend. It is courageous to face the first sires of all vampires.

However, I ask you: Does your friend Elena care about you to the same length you care for her? Would she be able to make all the sacrifices you have made for her? I mean, you lost your grandmother. Your grandmother, who helped you at all costs. Nevertheless, has she been there for you through all of your personal struggles. I mean being a witch comes with a sacrifice. Your friends seem to only use you when they need you. However, they are not there when you need them. Your only loyal friend seems to be Caroline. Yet, you don't seem to be as connected with her as you are with Elena? May i ask why? Why instead of living your youth being free and doing things young people love, you are always stuck being the one saving Elena? How many more times will you be threatened by Damon? How many more family members will you have to lose?

TELL ME, I screamed.

Stop, she yelled as tears came down her eyes.

Little witch, I am not doing this to hurt you. To be frank, I respect and admire your love and devotion to your friends. I simply want you to be honest with yourself by asking if that devotion is corresponded.

Once you see how much you are being used, know that a place will always be here for you. We are a family made of witches, vampires, and werewolves. We protect our own. Know that when your ready, you will be under our protection.

Bonnie POV:
To be honest, Klaus made fair points. More often than not, I feel used by my friends. I feel like they don't value me as a person. It is more that they value the power I bring them.

However, they are the only thing I know. I no longer have my grandmother to lead me in the proper direction. Nevertheless, Stefan who seems to be loyal to Klaus.

I decided it was time to leave. Before I left, Hayley came running down the stairs and gave me a hug. Then she said an enchantment to let her know when I am in danger. She expressed: "Seeing that it seems like your friends cannot protect you, I will. Whenever your in trouble, I will feel it and I will be there to protect you. Us witches, have to stick together."

She truly was the first person to put me first and it felt good. However, now I feel guilty because I am going to be betraying her by letting the gang know more about her. Therefore, I said my little enchantment back: "May our souls bind into one, where I can serve as your protector and guide." This will hopefully protect her because as long as I am safe, she will be safe. If for some reason she's in danger, I will also be. If my friends truly love me, they will know that she and I are connected. Therefore, if something happens to one, it'll happen to the other.

I ended up leaving after hugging her. I went straight into the Salvatore home in which I spoke to Damon and Elena. Hayley is a powerful werewitch. She is someone that is very kind in nature. That seems to have attracted both Elijah and Klaus since both seem infatuated with her. Nevertheless, the rest of the Mikaelsons treat her as if she were one of them. Therefore, she is the key to stopping them. However, it seems like they were prepared for me once I arrive. It seemed like they knew of the plan we were planning for them. Therefore, someone must have spoken to them. Stefan is out of the question since he was not here. Moreover, the only people who were quiet and didn't join in our strategizing were Caroline and Tyler. Therefore, I feel like they told them the truth on how we planned to utilize Hayley to take the Mikaelsons down.