Chapter 14

Next morning:

Hayley POV:
Wow, last night was amazing I muttered to myself. It was indeed little wolf. Don't be so modest I told him laughing. He flipped me over and started attacking me with kisses. Klaus, stop it I said laughing. I won't stop until you say I am the best you ever had. Now, someone is being awfully cocky I responded. Only, because you can't accept the truth little wolf.

I turned him around and got on top of him. Now to be serious, please tell me that you meant every word you said last night. I don't think I would be able to handle your rejection. I am totally in love with you. Hayley, I love you too. You are my mate and I knew it from the moment I met you. You've been the one I was always destined to be with. So what do you say to giving us a try, little wolf.

Of course! I was to nervous to accept what you meant to me so I was lying to myself. However, I think from the moment I threw you across the room, I felt something for you. With that said, let's continue where we left off I said as I began riding him.

On the other side of town

Caroline POV:
I felt so terribly knowing that Elena had died. I truly viewed her as a sister. However, I was beyond proud of her finding her redemption in sacrificing her life for Hayley's. However, that does not stop the pain of knowing I lost my best friend.

I don't know how to move forward. I simply felt numb to everything. However, I must say I am beyond grateful to Stefan who has been my sounding board. He has fed me, bathed me, and gotten me to speak about all the memories I ever created with Elena.

I don't know what I would do without him. However, I know I cannot be dependent on him. I am a strong woman and I need to know I can manage by myself before asking for help. I know no matter what I have Hayley, Bonnie, and now Rebekah to help me out.

With that said, I must say I never thought I would be friends with the Mikaelsons. The irony of life.

Damon POV:
Bonnie came to my room last night and showed me Elena and her conversation with Hayley. I am glad she's happy and in a better place. Beyond that, I have come to terms that she did love me. However, she was not in her right state of mind. I am so fucking proud of her knowing that she is going to serve as Hayley's guardian angel. They both went through the wringer with one another.

It is for those reasons that I will protect Jeremy and Hayley with my life. I owe it to her. Jeremy for being the sole survivor of the Gilberts line and Hayley for her capacity to forgive and take care of all of us. I know she will serve as everyone's sounding board. Therefore, I will serve as hers.

I will even help her get at the Mikaelsons. I know they all adore her and see her as family. As do I. She has a lot on her plate and I plan to make some things lighter on her. I will utilize my love for Elena to do good. Nevertheless, protect the people she cares about.

By this point, I have learned to accept that love was not meant for me. I will simply learn to live with that.

Bonnie and Jeremy POV:
Jeremy, I know you miss your sister. I miss your sister as well. For the longest time it was Elena and I against the world. However, as you saw in the vision I showed you; she is now in a better place. However, even beyond that she is worried about you. I have no words to say to make you feel better or telling you that time heals all wounds when I still miss my grandmother every day. However, I do want you to understand that you are not alone. You have all the Mystic Falls gang, the Mikaelsons, and Hayley here for you.

You have created a family in each and every single one of us. Please, do know we love you.

As she left, Jeremy began crying for he knew he wouldn't be able to see Elena until he died. However, even if he felt that a part of him died, he would survive with the part of him that was left.