Chapter 13

Niklaus POV:
Elijah is crazy if he thinks he will end up with Hayley. She is mine just as much as I am hers. I can tell she's falling in love with me and I don't want anyone getting between us.

Surprisingly my conversation with Katherine didn't go as bad as I expected. She agreed to come back and be there for Elijah. Internally, I smirked since she will serve as a distraction for me to have Hayley all to myself.

However, I must say I am fucking pissed at him. How dare him have Hayley cut her humanity. This Hayley has not gotten as screwed by life as my Hayley did but she carried that same personality. I truly believe if my Hayley wouldn't have been as jaded if she had a better support system.

Nevertheless, I loved her and still love her and will always love her.

Therefore, I must find her before she does anything she will regret. She has too much humanity and I can't have her humanity be destroyed. I don't know if she would be able to come back from that.

As I searched for her scent, I found her in an abandon house feeding on a young beautiful college-aged student. Therefore, I did the first thing that came upon me and that was to push Hayley away. I automatically gave the girl my blood and compelled her to forget everything that had just occurred.

Hayley, stop I told her as I grabbed her hands. She automatically went on the defensive.

Why do you care?

What do you mean, I responded. Why shouldn't I care? You're my friend and I consider you family.

Is that the only thing, I am to you?

Hayley POV:
I feel so much anger. I don't know how I can't feel any ounce of pity towards anyone right now. I am so confused with my emotions. I almost drained a girl and it did not mean shit. I felt love for Klaus but now I hold no emotion for him or anyone. I was weak but now I am strong. With that said, I truly do not understand why Klaus cares so much about me.

His words though did affect me. For so long, I tried to mean something for him seeing that I was falling for him. However, it seems like he does not see me more than a friend.

To be honest that stings.

Klaus POV:
Seeing her reaction to what I said makes me realize that Hayley is in love with me. Moreover, I am her humanity. Wow! I am finally getting the girl I muttered to myself.

I will play on her jealousy, pain, and anger to have her react. Her humanity isn't as lost as it is for most vampires when they turn it off.

Well little wolf, what would you want me to say? That you mean the world to me? Because trust me sweetheart, I have had multiple women enter my life throughout my 1000 years of living and make a mark in it. You're nothing special.

Hayley POV:
His last statement hurt beyond measure. He had promised Hollis to be there for me. He is being so cold and distant. Therefore, I need to be an asshole in return. I cannot let him think he has power over me.

Therefore, I responded: Well if I don't mean anything to you, maybe I should give Elijah an opportunity. He seems like an honorable person. Plus he has been kind to me. And let's not forget that he's an amazing kisser.

Klaus POV:
Wow, I forgot that Hayley can be a total bitch.

Well trust me hun, he might have kissed you but I know without any doubt that you desired for me to have been the one in his shoes. You desire me! You forget that as a wolf, I can sense and smell things beyond measure.

Thus leaning; I can sense your want in your core for me. And I don't blame you. Any women would desire to be with the big bad wolf. Or you wanna tell me
I am wrong, I said as I grabbed her waist and brought her to me. What are you doing, she whispered? I am not doing anything you don't want. I grabbed her face and brought her close to my lips. From there, I brought out heads together to force her to see everything we've been through for the past couple of weeks and said: Remember.