Chapter 25 ~ Breaking

Aurora

"This place has had higher ratings the past couple years. I think this is very similar to what you were looking for, Miss Graham." The man leading me through the building tells me.

I started looking for places again to open a restaurant. And out of all of them, this place has had my heart. I smile as I look around the dining area. This would be perfect for a small and quiet restaurant.

"Thank you so much Michaël, I really love this place." I look at him and see him smile, grabbing out papers and handing them to me. "You can sign here and that will put your name as an offer." I grab the papers and walk over to a table to sign them.

Once my name is on the paper in blue ink, I smile wider. I don't care if this place has many flaws, I want it and I think that I could make major improvements.

We shake hands as he walks out, leaving me in the building. I look around and run my hand along the wooden tables. I make my way to the corner and find the bar, and right behind it is the kitchen.

My favorite place. I smile as I walk through the kitchen and see visuals of this place. I sigh as I walk out of the building and get in my car to head to work. I text Gianna before I start the car that I had offered to buy the place to which she responds with a happy emoji and a flower.

Once I make my way to work I park in my normal spot and turn off my car. Growing when I see Ryder's text that his sister will be over there tonight so I can't come over. I turn off my phone as I make my way into the building.

Once I walk in I see a look of discomfort on Gianna's face. I look at her in confusion as she nudges her head to a woman next to her who is looking at our shoes with a disgusted face.

I can only assume she hates the casualty of our shoes. She has blond hair and is dressed like she is going to a tea party. Her hell tells me that she doesn't need our shoes.

"Excuse me?" I voice out, the woman turning to me. "Oh hello, hi, is there anything you're looking for?" I place my purse down and walk over to them. I give Gianna a look telling her she is excused. I don't see Angels around anywhere so I take charge.

"Oh no I wasn't looking for anything, rather I was looking for a person." I lift my eyebrows. "Oh okay, well maybe I know them?" I give her a kind smile as she turns her attention to me.

"I'm looking for Aurora Graham. I heard she works here and I just need to talk to her." She nods and gives me a smile. "Oh well, that's me." I clasp my hands. "What can I do for you?"

Her face turns serious as her smile drops and she takes a step closer. My smile is also dropping.

"You don't know me. But I know you. And I just wanted to tell you to stay out of Ryder's life, and our babies. I don't know if he told you, but we got back together and because I'm Laklyns biological mother, I know what's best for us. So do us a favor and stay away." The woman is now glaring.

My heart stops. Laklyn's moms. The woman who... oh my gosh. My confidence is gone now. And my head is starting to question everything. Why does my head hurt? Why am I not telling her off?

Was Ryder telling me the truth? Of course he was, you would have to be a low person to lie about that stuff. But then why am I second guessing.

"Oh.. okay." I gulp hard. Did I just give her the satisfaction? Her smirk tells me I did. She nods her head and walks out. I look around for a moment to make sure no one is looking, then I run to my car and get in.

Why did I trust him? Did he just need me to fill in for him until she was available? Tears are now dropping down my cheeks. I liked him, and I told him things I regret.

I wipe under my eyes as I start my car and go to the only place I need to be. Home.

💌

It takes me a while to get home. Mainly because the tears in my eyes are preventing me from driving. I stop my car as I make my way to the front door. I knock and play with my hands.

Mom opens the door less than a second later and when she sees me, she brings me into a hug. I cry in her arms on the front porch. I wrap my arms around her tighter as my sobs become heavier.

"Oh amor, tell me what's wrong." I can tell mama's crying too. She never did well when me and my brothers cried. Dad was always the one to calm us. But right now, I need her to be here.

"I let my walls down again, and I got hurt." I let out another sob and hugged her tighter. She brings us to the porch swing and sits us down. She wraps her mom's arms around me and smooths my hair.

"Amor, I'm sorry." She whispers into my hair. I take her sorry as her way of comforting me. I don't need her to say all these words, I just need her to be there for me.

I sob into her shirt as I think about what just happened. I let Ryder in for five months straight, only for Laklyn's mom to come back and take her place again.

I don't know why I ever thought that was me. That I could me Lakelands mom. I don't have a clue why I let Ryder in. But I know that my heart was wrong. And I'm never trusting it again.

A/N

I didn't want it to seem like I just introduced Aurora's disorder and then forget it like some authors so here is hardest part about my book. It will get better I promise.

I also want to say if you cal Aurora pick me for being dramatic about the situation, don't, because it's offense to people who have the disorder and it's rude to assume some is being dramatic:))