Chapter 6

I don't dream that night. My sleep isn't good at first. First, it's too hot, then it's too cold, I'm not really comfortable and my instincts awake. I don't know what happened, but when I awake the next time, my feet are incredibly cold, and I can't breathe.

The smell of musk, cedar wood, and a hint of leather fills my nostrils, and something tickles my neck. I try to move, but that also doesn't work.

I turn my head and am relieved when I can finally breathe again, but at the same time, I wonder what this incredible weight is that made me incapable of breathing.

My eyes flutter open and... I see nothing. A black wall blocks my sight. It takes some time for me to wake up enough to realize that it's a chest. Then It hits me. It's not something that is on top of me. It's someone.

I can feel the warm sensation of two arms and a leg that are wrapped around me. It feels like a nose that tickles my neck, and the sound of slow and deep breaths reaches my ears.

I listen to the steady heartbeat that pounds in a slow, steady rhythm while trying to figure out what to do now. Moving is not an option because whoever lies on top of me is heavy as fuck.

I sigh. I think I'll just have to wait. My eyes dart around till they find a black strand of hair I would recognize everywhere. Oh shit.

I turn my head slightly and I see more of that silky raven hair that belongs to a certain person. For god's sake, how did Loki get into my bed??

The shock disappears rather quickly and I find myself inhaling deeply. I close my eyes again and let myself drown in this feeling of proximity. I know that I should be afraid, but instead, I feel safe. It feels right.

A smile tugs at my lips. Only a few hours before I was drowning in self-pity because I thought I would never be able to even see him without something between us and now he's in my bed, holding me and I'm even able to smell him.

I appreciate the warmth that radiates from his body and surrounds me like a blanket and pulls me back to sleep. For the first time in ten years, I don't suffer from nightmares.

It's a peaceful, deep sleep. Hours later I wake up again. My face contorts into a yawn but I stop halfway when I'm met with two incredible blue eyes that stare at me in confusion.

Loki. I almost forgot. He doesn't bother to move his body off me. His body is still pressing mine into the mattress. His arms are still wrapped around me and so is his leg. "What a pleasant surprise, darling."

He smirks. "But how did you get into my bed?" "This isn't my bed?" Shit. "Of course not. I am not able to leave that cage." I groan. "I blame this on my sleep-walking habit. I'm sorry for invading your privacy."

"I do not complain. Some time passed since I got such a beautiful woman lying beneath me." My cheeks flush a bright crimson red. "Would you mind moving off me?" I softly ask, but he doesn't move. "No. I like this."

He buries his nose in the crook of my neck again and I can feel him inhaling deeply. "But you are heavy and I need to breathe normally or I'm gonna pass out." I try again and to my surprise, he moves his body off me and lies down beside me.

However, one of his arms remains around my waist. "You smell divine, darling." I'm sure my whole face is red by the time.

"I think, I should go." My words are barely audible. I'm afraid that he won't let me go but keep me as a hostage. I hear him sigh but his grip around me loosens.

I slip out of bed and glace back at him before stepping through the door to his bedroom and crossing the room to reach the security door. Once I reach it, I suddenly feel his presence behind me.