34. The Game (Edited)

I woke up in the morning and remembered about today's match. I got up and freshen up quickly. It was 7 now and I didn't go to school because of yesterday's events.

I went downstairs and saw only Ethan with some papers sitting on the sofa.

"Good Morning, Sweety" He greeted.

"Good Morning" I replied smiling.

"All set for today's game? " He asked.

"Yes" I said enthusiastically

"Good. I'll make breakfast for you." He said while getting up.

"Wait. Wait. I'll make breakfast. You should focus on work." I said.

"Nope. I won't let you cook alone. And it's fine. Not much is left. I can do this after breakfast. Now no argument. Let's go." He said and went towards kitchen.

How did I get so lucky to get such loving brother.

I followed him and soon made breakfast. Soon everyone came downstairs and greeted and as usual our breakfast went by.

"So ready to lose dear sister? " Dustin asked smirking while I was making my way to my room as he bumped my shoulder.

"Let's see who'll lose at the end of the day dear brother." I replied challengingly.

I said and went to my room. There was still time left. It was only 9 and match was schedule at 12.

I changed my clothes and went to gym not for heavy exercise but warm up as it has been quite a while since I last played.

I went to gym and saw Ryan their. I entered and awkwardly looked at him. I thought the gym would be empty.

He stopped his pull ups when he saw me.

"I'll leave. I'm already done here." He said and i thanked him.

Now I was alone. I started with basics.

It was 11 now.

Time went fast.

I went to kitchen and made my energy drink and waited for the clock to struck 12.

It's almost 12 and I saw everyone gathering in the indoor room which was present in the mansion for basketball.

"She won't stand against me again after today" Dustin said confidently to Twins not knowing I was listening to them.

My confidence faltered seeing his confidence. But soon I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to look at the person and saw Dad there smiling encouragingly.

"Although I haven't seen you play but I can tell that you're a great player and I believe in you." He said but by then I had tears in my eyes.

I hugged him and he patted my head lovingly.

"It's time" Ethan announced indicating that it's time to start the game.

Ethan was referee and judge for the game.

Me and Dustin went to the court and stood in the middle. I was nervous.
Ethan came and stood between us with basketball.

He threw the ball in the air and me and Dustin jumped together.

But he took advantage of his buff body and took the ball almost knocking me down.

I immediately went after him. My whole concentration was on the game. He was almost near his goal when I tricked him and pushed the ball away from him to his left and before he could register, I immediately went to ball and started taking it towards my goal.

I sensed him coming towards me but I started running with ball. I stopped and aimed quickly and threw but he came between the ball and goal.

Shit!

He smirked at me and took the ball taking towards his goal. I ran after him. This time also I was trying my old trick but looks like he already anticipated my move and blocked me.

Before I can block him again, he had already thrown the ball towards the goal and he got a point.

Now I register around me, dad and Ethan were looking intently towards us while twins were cheering for Dustin.

Now score was
    Dustin     Eliza
    2               0

We started again but this time I got the ball. We were head to head against each other but again when I was about to goal, he blocked and took the ball.

I went after him and again he took the goal. I was losing my confidence.

Dustin    Eliza
4              0

We had a little break. I was going towards dad and Ethan when I saw Ryan standing there watching me. I was embarrassed that I was so confident about my skills earlier and now he was four points ahead of me.
Hell I didn't even scored.

"Don't worry, I still believe in you. " Ethan said smiling softly looking at my defeated face.

Dad patted my head showing his support and went towards Dustin also.

"He's taking advantage of what he has. Just focus and concentrate on what you have and take advantage of it " Ryan said.

I looked at him.

I pondered on his words.
.
.
.

I know what I have to do. A smile appeared on my lips thinking of my plan.

Seeing my smile, he nodded his head supporting me.

I was now ready.

Time was over and we went to the court again.

Dustin was looking smug. He had an impression like he has already won.

This time I smirked. He was taken off guard but soon recovered but was still looking confused.

Game again started and this time the ball was with him. I went after him. When I was near him, I know he thought again I was going to use my same old trick but I caught him off guard and took the ball with different technique.

I can tell he was not ready for this and soon started chasing me to get the ball back. I went towards my goal and I knew what he was going to do. I pretended to jump and throw ball and he was already in front of me covering me but I took advantage of my small body and slipped from under his arms as now he was behind me and before he could register and turn around to stop me, I had already threw the ball.

YESS!!

I goaled.

The look on Dustin's face was worth watching when he knew how I tricked him.

I heard dad and Ethan cheering for me. Ryan had a smile on his face and twins were as shocked as Dustin was.

They didn't really believe me when I said I'm good at this.

Dustin      Eliza
4                2

Now I've regained my confidence and I believe that I'm going to defeat my dear brother.

Now Game On Brother.