39. Cautious (Edited)

I woke up alone in my room. My head pounded a little. I decided to get up and freshen up before I go downstairs. I struggled to get up and even discarded the plan again when I felt dizzy but I forced myself to freshen up and get rid of the touch of Blake.

Unknowingly tears welled in my eyes. I trusted the wrong one and accused the right one. Plenty of my decisions well have backfired and i hope in future I don't face anymore betrayal.

I trudged to the washroom and almost screamed looking at my appearance in mirror.

Tear streaked face, faint red slap marks, I can see a hickey, some faint handprints on even my neck.

Overall I was a mess. I took a bath and freshened up.

It was dinner time now so maybe someone soon will come to wake me up. I decided to go downstairs myself as I was having so so many questions.

I opened the door and shrieked. Tyler who was already standing there also shrieked suddenly seeing me. It looked like he was about to open the door.

We looked at each other and burst out laughing. And in few seconds Dustin and Noah came to our direction with guns in there hands.

I paled at the sight of it. Although I should get used to it.

"What happened? " Noah asked.

I looked at Tyler with wide eyes.

"Umm... We kinda scared each other unintentionally" I spoke when Tyler remained silent. They exhaled in relief and put their guns down.

"By the way what were you doing here? " I asked Tyler.

"I came to call you for dinner" Tyler responded.

"Ohh well I was also coming for dinner. Let's go" I said directing to all.

We all were going to the dining room.
I was in front of all of them.

As I was walking I suddenly screamed.

"Ahhhhh"
And I ran behind whoever was behaind me which was Noah and hid behind him.

"What happened? " Tyler asked.

"Coc-Cockroach" I choked.

I was so scared and they

Started Laughing?

What the hell?

"Yaahhh" I whined.

Just then Ethan and Taylor came with gun.

Why are they being so cautious?

"What happened? " Ethan asked.

Before I could answer, Dustin spoke.

"Our little sister is scared of this big cockroach" He mocked.

I send glare daggers at him.

Taylor also chuckled. I looked at him in disbelief.

"Ethan" I cried.

"Help me" I requested.

"Come here princess" I cautiously went to him looking at the cockroach which was sitting in the corner.

"You Dustin, go and throw it out." Ethan ordered.

Dustin went to that cockroach and easily lifted it with his bare hands.

I looked at him like he was an alien.

Suddenly I saw an evil smirk stretch on Dustin's face.

Oh Uh

He came towards me with that cockroach.

"Ahhhh" I screamed and ran.

He was running behind me.

"Elisa this roach wants to say something to you. Atleast listen to it." Dustin said jokingly still running behind me

" I swear Dustin keep that thing away from me Or I'll kill you" I threatened and ran.

"Aww and who do you think will help you!" He mocked.

"Me" Ryan said coming out of no where.

I ran to him and hugged him. He immediately wrapped his arms around me protectively.

Dustin stopped at the sight of Ryan.

"Help me Ryan" I said making a puppy face.

"Throw that out Dustin or I'll kill you myself for scaring her." He said rigidly.

Dustin murmured something about him being bias and unfair but went to throw it out.

Ryan looked down at me and kissed my forehead.

"How are you now? " He asked.

"I'm good now. Thankyou. " I said and blushed when I saw I was still hugging him.

I reluctantly let him go and he ruffled my hair a little.

We all then sat to have dinner. Now dad was also present and he also asked how I was.

"If you mind can I ask you something?" I asked dad.

"Sure sweety" He said.

"What exactly happened to Blake? Why are you all being so cautious? " I asked.

"Blake ran away" Dad said and I stilled.

He ran away. He'll come after me.

"We're searching for him and don't worry, we won't let anything happen to you. I myself will die before I let anything happen to you." He continued.

I nodded and as usual we had our dinner silent.

He will come after me again. They know this. That's why they are so cautious.

Few days later

As usual I went to school. Blake never appeared. I think he's planning my murder. I shuddered at that thought.
Things with Aaron are going quite well I can say. I talk to him regularly. He's very nice to me. All my friends are great. But I still miss Ivan

In evening I have my self defense sessions. Ryan is more strict now. I literally come out almost dead after training.

As usual we were having dinner when dad and Ryan announced.

"We got invitation from Alexei. We all will be going to his son's birthday ball."

Everyone seemed to knew Alexie. Name is quite familiar though.

"Who's Alexie?" I asked.

"He's one of our Mafia ally" Ryan answered.

I nodded and thought about what kind of birthday parties do Mafias have.