ch 16

As Jeremy opened his door he side stepped for Kayla to enter before him, the Salvatore girl walked towards the jack and jill bathroom the Gilbert siblings shared and checked in Jeremy's side of the cabinet for the items she left
"What'd you wanna talk about?"

Jeremy placed her bag on his bed and followed her to the bathroom, leaning against the wall and bit his lip
"I uh-"

Glancing up from the sensitive dove body wash soap Kayla rose an eyebrow "You gonna try and apologize again?"
"No?"

Kayla's eyebrow dropped unamused at the boys uncertainty
"Okay yea, I was"
"You could've texted this apology"
"You could've said no"

Standing from her squatting position, Kayla nodded as she walked back into his room to open her night bag for sleeping clothes "Okay snappy, let's hear it"

"I wanted to say that even though we never had a "label" on us, I completely disrespected you that night at the party and i'm sorry. Even if we aren't a couple or messing around you and I were-are friends"

Jeremy stood behind Kayla who turned around to face him during his mini speech

"and you don't have to forgive me but i'd really appreciate it if you didn't get completely disgusted by my being in your presence" the boy finished with a smile

"First of all" Kayla held up a finger with a smile pulling at her lips "I do not get disgusted with you, you just irk me and ancestors"

"Your ancestors?" Jeremy laughed as he sat on his bed
"Mhmm. Secondly, I already forgave you. Why do you think i'm over here? I told you, you need a therapist, not my forgiveness"

"I'll be sure to get right on that therapy Ms. Daniels Salvatore" Jeremy leaned back on the bed biting back a smile
"Jeremy, before we'd ever done anything, we were friends. As annoying as you are, I care about you. Even if i'm "mad" at you for choosing a white girl over me. Speaking of which, do that shit again and i'll fucking tase you"

Kayla pointed her coffin shaped nail at the boy whose eyes were wide
"You didn't bring the taser did you?"
"No...but i brought bare mace"
"God Kayla"

———————————————————

Later that night after while of talking Kayla and Jeremy were laying in his bed. Kayla turned over to towards the boy who was already facing her with closed eyes in attempt to fall asleep
"Jer?"
"Hmm"

"You remember what we talked about?"
"Not really?"

Kayla rolled her eyes and sat up "Can't tell men shit, y'all have like no capacity for retaining information"

Jeremy rubbed his eye and looked up at the girl "It's 11:50 Kay...I don't even remember what I was doing before I fell asleep"

The teenage girl sighed and sank back down into the bed, pulling the covers up "Never mind"

"Refresh my memory. It's bugging you so I'm all ears" Jeremy places his arm underneath his pillow to prop his head up as he gave Kayla his attention. After a few minutes of silence Kayla spoke "Have you noticed anything weird with my cousins?"

"I honestly haven't had any conversations in the slightest with either"
"It's just...everyone's been acting weird around me at home. Like Zach never wants me around them for too long or at all in Damon's case. At first I thought it had to do with who my birth dad was but then that didn't make any sense"

"What else could it be?" Jeremy asked with frowned brows
"It's probably nothing"
"It's never nothing with you. You've got like a sixth sense for this type of thing"
"While we're on the topic, I kinda think Carol knows who my dad is"

Sitting up, Jeremy looks down at Kayla "Carol Lockwood? Tyler's mom?"

Nodding the girl laid on her back "I've always thought this, she took up a reoccurring role in my life after my mom died and not in the way Jenna did because i'm friends with her nephew and niece"
"Who do you think it is?"
"I honestly don't care. It's just been Zach for so long I could care less...unless he's rich...i might care a little then"

Jeremy snorted "I'm sorry do you not own everything name brands have ever released to the public?"
"Dramatic much? A friend of my moms own likes to send money for clothes from time to time"

"A friend of your mom, just sends you shopping money?" Jeremy questioned
"Yup...no clue who they are tho, they started not too long after her funeral" Kayla shrugged as Jeremy laid back down still facing her

"Feel free to give them my address for the next check"
"Why so you can spend it on the devils lettuce that you hide in those boots by ur dresser?"
"How did you-"

"I saw it when I walked in the room, you need to find better hiding spots like in ur desk behind your sketch book"

Jeremy stared at Kayla with squinted eyes "It's insane that you know that"

Kayla smiles and turns on her side "I'm thinking waffles for breakfast, you have strawberries in the fridge?"

Rolling his eyes, Jeremy put an arm under his head again "Jenna keeps the fridge stocked once a week just incase you stop by"
"I love your aunt"
"She loves you...a lot more than me apparently. I don't even like strawberries like that"
"I'm a pretty likable teen, a lot more likable that you so it seems, you strawberry hater"

Jeremy pulled his pillow up and hit the girl who's eyes were closed in the face
"Watch the bonnet jerk"
"Go to sleep Kayla"