ch 17

The next morning Kayla woke up in Jeremy's arms. The girl turned her head to look at the sleeping boy before throwing his arm off her.

"Shit Kayla" Jeremy wheezed pulling his arm to his chest still half asleep
"Dude I have to pee. You're a heavy sleeper"

Kayla shrugged getting out of bed to go to the bathroom. Jeremy turned over groaning "you didn't even try and wake me up"
"And what about it? You sleep like the dead"

Jeremy pulled his pillow over his face to block out the sun peaking in through the windows going back to sleep while Kayla grabbed her bag and got ready for the day.

Almost an hour and a half later Kayla came out the bathroom dressed and ready for the day in her cheerleading uniform.

"Jeremy it's 7:10, get up"
"No"
"Boy boo, cause who are you say "No" to. Get your ass up, it's game day" Kayla sat her bag on the bed and jumped onto the bed

Groaning Jeremy pushed the girl off "Do I look like a football player at Mystic Falls High School?"
"Do you want me to answer honestly?"

Jeremy glared at the girl as he sat up. Kayla snorted and hopped off the bed grabbing her bag and heading to the door
"If your riding with Elena and I, be down stairs in 40 minutes, my attendance is literally perfect. I'll be damned if I get my first actual tardy cause you slept in"

"Your like never in class. How do you have perfect attendance?" Jeremy questioned as he slowly got up from bed
"Being pulled out of class and never showing up are two different things Gilbert. I'll save you a waffle"

Kayla stepped into the hallway of the Gilbert residence and walked down the stairs into the kitchen "Good morning Jenna"

Jenna turned her head to look at who called her name "Kayla! Hey! I didn't know you slept over. How are you?"

Grinning the teen stood at the island in the kitchen and responded to her friends aunt "Im good. Jeremy and I were catching up on our girl talks. How are you?"
"These kids are driving me crazy and by kids I really just mean Jeremy but other than him being a handful I'm good"

Jenna ran her hand through her hair as she placed a plate of waffles on the counter and pushed it towards the girl
"I'll try and straighten him out for you but I can only do so much. I try not to put my hands on other peoples kids"

"Since when?" Jenna teased
Kayla picked up a waffle with a grin "That was not a kid. He a mouth like and adult so he caught those hands like an adult"
Jenna pulled the strawberries out of the fridge as she laughed hearing the girls reasoning behind fighting the 12 year old boy from two summers ago

Elena walked into the kitchen hearing Jenna and Kayla laughing "Hey"
"Hey"

Jenna greeted her niece as Kayla rose an eye brow at her attire
"Girl what the hell?"

Elena bit her lip and shrugged "I did some thinking and this is for the best"

Kayla nodded "You know what? If you think this is what's best for you, I support it....but imma need you to take that four years of cheer after school extra circular off the college apps and put three"

Elena started to smile at her friend "You aren't mad?"
Kayla tilted her head with a reassuring smile that fading into a blank face at the end of her sentence "boo Im not gonna force you to do cheer but i'm dead serious about the college apps.

Elena chuckled and sat beside Kayla at the island "Gotcha"

The three girls sat in the kitchen laughing for the next 30 minutes when Jeremy came down the stairs

"Bought time"

Jeremy rolled his eyes at Kayla and walked over to the coffee pot to pour a cup
"Someone's grouchy" Jenna warned the teen girls
"He's just being pouty cause I threw his arm off me"
"Your heavy handed Kayla. Like a dude"

Kayla nodded as she picked up a strawberry "Remember that statement when I knock you out and you wake up in the hospital wondering how you got there"

Snorting Jenna looked at the time "Don't you guys have to go soon?"
"Yea, you guys ready?" Elena stood up placing her mug and plate in the sink

"Mhmm, come on Wednesday Adams, I got shot gun" Kayla picked up her bags and heading out the door waving goodbye to Jenna

Jeremy placed his mug on the table racing Kayla out to the car fighting for the passenger seat as Elena looked to Jenna "Have I been ignoring them or something?"
"They've use to be more sneaky but Kayla started leaving stuff behind in Jeremy's room like those Tyler Perry plays that are now in the living room"
"I knew they were Kayla's K just didn't know when she left them here" Elena explained as she grabbed her bag and left the house

———————————————————