1.6 Omens of Death and Hippogriffs

Unedited

Cooper woke up the next morning to a stream of sunlight coming into his shared bedroom

Cooper woke up the next morning to a stream of sunlight coming into his shared bedroom. He rolled over to look at his girl but to his surprise she wasn't next to him and after a quick look around the room, he found that she wasn't in the room at all.

Alice was currently downstairs in the great hall munching on strawberries. She sat alone at the Slytherin table that had been reformed overnight. Well she was alone until she noticed a presence beside her. Looking to her right she saw Narcissa and Bellatrix looking at the girl with soft eyes. "Hello" she told the two softly not knowing how her just speaking was melting Bellatrix's heart. "Hello star" Narcissa replied for the two.

"Bella, Cissy I have a question. What's my father like?" "Oh well Reggie is a wonder child. He can play the piano and violin, he knows sword fighting, and is quite well at dueling-" Bella started to list before getting cut off. "I don't think that what she meant." Narcissa smiled at the girl. "He is gentle and sweet to his loved ones but at the same time he would die to protect them." A single tear ran down the blondes face before she brushed it off.

Then people started to pile into the great hall including the other people from the future. Cooper, Luna, and Ginny took their normal spots at the Slytherin table near Alice. Not knowing that the three were being watched by a certain old man with a glimmer in his eye. "Do you always sit at the Slytherin table? The way you sat down it seemed almost like muscle memory." Evan Rosier asked still admonished that a Gryffindor could be best friends with a Slytherin. "It is a normal occurrence for us to sit at different tables." Luna told the man with a sweet smile. Reggie sat down next to Bellatrix and begun whispering in her ear.

All of a sudden the tables and benches changed back into couches and arm chairs. Cooper decided to go sit with his twin and parents after some persuasion, leaving Alice to sit with Narcissa. The movie screen also reappeared and as it started the room grew dimmer.

Professor Trealawney's voice carried through the screen. "Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the mysterious art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess...." The woman is shown with big hair and large round eyeglasses. "Remind me why I'm taking this class again?" Cooper grumbled to Blaise as he yanked on his tie. "Because you refused to do any of the other options and because I need someone to do this with me." He told the grumpy ravenette. "......the sight. Hello. I am Professor Trealawney. Together she shall cast ourselves into the future. But know this. One either has the gift or not. It can not be defined from a book. Books cloud the inner eye." She told the teens in a dramatic tone that sounded fake.

"So happy I didn't take that class." Alice said not wishing to ever be in her boyfriends position.

"What rubbish" Hermione said under her breath causing Ron to jump. "Where'd you come from!?" "Me? I've been here this whole time."