3.9~ "Gorgeous"

sorry this took like over a month:)
promise it'll be worth it (maybe)
this is a prewritten note before the chapter has even been started being written lol

word count: around 11 thousand or 11k

PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE <3

CHAPTER NINE T H E   Y U L E   B A L L

CHAPTER NINE
T H E Y U L E B A L L

ALICE'S MORNINGS HAD CONSISTED OF THE SAME EXACT THING FOR TWO WEEKS. She would wake up early, getting a start on the day with flicks of mascara and tiny blue braids running through her sandy hair. The potion of magical super anti-depressants worked wonders on her mental state; almost all the voices seemed to be gone. They would only show up randomly like a mist of a whisper, never shouting or pounding their fists against her brain.

"I miss my antidepressants." Alice pouted, leaning backwards. She really wasn't aware of the concern brought by that statement. "What?"

Regulus pinched his brow, "You what?"

"I can't take them anymore, or well i havent for a while." She shrugged, not thinking much of it.

From there, she would swing by the great hall for a cup of tea, then headed out to the dragon tents. She was avoiding her calendar that had a large red circle directing to when the dragons would be leaving. Considering she almost cried when Cooper mentioned it the past morning, she really didn't want to accept the fate.

But, that particular morning, it was a tad bit different than normal. Cooper had off handedly mentioned properly meeting Castor and Alice was determined to make it happen. Her ring clad hand knocked on the boy's dorm that was only a bit away from her and Sabrina's currently disastrous room.

Slowly, the door opened with a creak. Out peaked a boy with curls going every way possible, a tight fist rubbing at his sleepy eyes. "Alice?" He croaked, "What are you doing here so early?"

Cooper's groggy voice made her lips press together before she answered. She tugged at the collar of her white sweater, the silver necklaces's charms overlapping. He watched her cover her heavily pierced ears with her hair, knowing that it was the hide the creeping blush. Alice's words came out in a rush. "DoyouwannacomeseeCastorwithme?"

He blinked twice, squinting as if the air would tell him what words she had spat out. "Come again?"

She heaved out a sigh, fiddling with the edge of her plaid skirt. "Do you wanna come see Castor with me for like two minutes before getting breakfast?" Her dimples shown through as she smiled up at him.