014 ⎯⎯ Emotional Support Coyote

— act two, scene four: emotional support coyote

act two, scene four: emotional support coyote

༺♥༻

     He heard the voicemail, Ricky had told Megara.  EJ knows about the voicemail, he had said in a panic, trying to catch Megara up to speed about his bathroom conversation with EJ after he accidentally threw the basketball at his face during a fit of anger.

     "Are you going to say something to her?" was all that Megara could comprehend from her thoughts at the moment.  Part of her wanted Ricky to stand up for himself, but the other was still dreading the possibility of hurting Nini.

     "Just one last thing."

     "I feel like you don't need me for this, but I'll be over there," Megara pointed to the area near the bike stalls as they both walked in a hurry to reach Nini before she went home for the day.  "Good luck."

     "I have to say something to you," Ricky approached Nini just as the girl was heading out of the school on her own, Megara noticed she was also moving quickly.  "I know we're not a couple anymore.  I get that.  You've been very clear.  But I thought there was a little trust left between us.  I thought I still meant something to you."

     "I can't do this right now.  And I don't need Megara here while we're fighting," Nini insisted, glancing over at the dark-haired girl standing by the bikes.

     "Fine.  But the next time I spill my guts to you in a voicemail, do me a favor and keep it to yourself.  I don't need to hear from EJ that it's wrong and stupid.  And don't talk about Megara when she's the one helping me navigate our scenes for the play since you've been so busy."

     Megara might have been standing a ways away, but she was still close enough to hear what was going on between them.  She looked up and glanced over at the 

     "What voicemail?  What do you mean?  You heard this from EJ?" Nini asked, which left Ricky and Megara just as confused as she looked.