016 ⎯⎯ The Night Of Nights

— act two, scene six: the night of nights

act two, scene six: the night of nights

༺♥༻

     "I don't believe this!" Ricky exclaimed as he looked down at his phone screen.  "This dude steals my girlfriend and 12 seconds after they break up, he's already playin' the field."

     "You could take a lesson from that, my man," Big Red said.  K.C. nodded in agreement from the other side of him.  Since Big Red asked her to the dance, she decided to wear an A-line dress in the same color as his suit.

     "Gee, thanks for defending my mortal enemy," Ricky scoffed.

     "No, he's right," Megara tapped Ricky's forearm.  "Hey, you should post the picture we took on the way in!"

     "Okay, which one.  You made me take a hundred," Ricky opened up his photo app as Megara peered over his shoulder.  While K.C. had opted for an A-line, Megara had found a long lilac dress with golden claps holding the straps up for a supportive cowl neck and topped it off with a sheer glittery shawl that she held up over her elbows.  Her long black hair was pulled into a high ponytail, only leaving a chunk of her bangs out, which she combed to one side and curled away from her face.

     "I only dress up once a year, Bowen, so I was trying to take advantage of it," Megara said as she rested against his left shoulder.  "Oh God, we look so good in this one," Megara said, tapping the heart on the bottom of his screen to favorite the picture of Ricky's arms wrapped around her waist as she stood in front of him, both flashing a quick grin for the camera.

     "Speak of the devil.  Get a load of this player," he showed the group his recent notification from his dad, revealing a Mike Bowen selfie.  "He's texting me for fashion advice.  Me!

     "Excuse us," Gina's smooth voice cut through their conversation, the four of them turning to look up at her, revealing her to be on the arm of a very annoyed EJ.  "These seats taken?"

     "He'll show up, okay?  Maybe he just hit traffic," the group at the table took turns comforting a quickly decomposing Carlos, whose chin was sinking into the palm of his hand as he didn't want to tear his eyes away from the door.