𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗢𝗻𝗲🍂

BETHANY SNOOZED HER ALARM THREE TIMES BEFORE GETTING OUT OF BED. Her eyes were swollen and puffy from crying, and it felt sort of hard to breathe. This was ignore as she quickly showered and got ready for school. She did not do her hair or apply makeup, not even concealer for the bags under her eyes. Tori's friend, Michael, picked up the three of them and dropped Charlie and Bethany off at Truham. Nobody spoke, Bethany had her earbuds in. She just needed to get through today, that's what she kept telling herself. The duo walked through the gates only to be called out to.

"Looking for your boyfriend?" Harry shouted at Bethany. Harry had a bruised eye and a cut lip, this must have happened last night. Charlie waited for her ignore him, but he should have known better.

"What happened to your face? Someone put you in your place finally?" She shouted back at him, taking one earbud out.

"Ask Nick Nelson. He's got some serious anger issues." Harry replied scoffing, Bethany cocked her head to the side to look at Harry. "I know I'm attractive, but there's no need to stare." He teased, smirking arrogantly. Bethany charged up to him and took him by the collar, that wiped the smirk from his face.

"Want to see some real anger issues?" Bethany asked through gritted teeth. If looks could kill, Harry would be dead on the spot. When he didn't respond, she let go and walked away.

"That's what I thought." Harry mumbled, his friends chuckled nervously behind him. Bethany stopped in place and ran her tongue over teeth, the shook out her hands.

"Bethany!" Taos voice called out, she glanced at him. He had appeared beside Charlie now. Bethany ignored whatever warning they were trying to give and walked up to Harry, hitting him on the eye that wasn't bruised. She hit him once, gave him a once over as he looked like he was going to cry, and left her friends to go to class. She walked as fast as she could to Nick, and when she found him at their table, he looked up at her with one bruised eye.

"Hi." Was all he could say to her. Nick could tell she hadn't slept, she really liked awful.

"What the hell happened?" Bethany asked him instantly. Nick had never seen her so intense.

"Oh... Uh... Yeah, I kinda got into a fight with Harry." Nick started, looking down at his fingers, Bethany slid her coat off and onto the back of her chair. "After you left, I went back to the group. He... started saying some things about you. I just lost it. I couldn't sit back and listen anymore. So I punched him... I guess you're sort of rubbing off on me." Nick let out a sad chuckle, Bethany felt a tear slide down her cheek. She quickly wiped it away, biting at her bottom lip.

"Oh, Nick. You didn't have to do that. I promise, I'm used to people saying things. And-and you know I can stand up for myself." Bethany started but Nick shook his head at her.

"But you shouldn't have to be. It's not okay, and I care about you. Bethany, I'd do anything for you." Nick said to her, his voice cracking. "You shouldn't have to put up with that, you deserve so much more than that." Nick stated passionately, he took her hand under the table. Her blue eyes met his brown ones.

"I'm sorry." Bethany said so softly, it almost didn't exist. She looked down at their intertwined fingers.

"No. You're not allowed to say the "s" word." He told her simply. "I don't even want to be friends with those pricks anymore." Bethany watched Nick clench and then unclench his jaw.

"I don't want you to dump all your friends for me." Bethany shook her head at him, pleading. "Some of the rugby boys are actually nice." She said again.