𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗧𝘄𝗼🍂

BETHANY WALKED INTO CLASS AND FOUND TAO, ISAAC, AND CHARLIE SITTING AT THEIR NORMAL TABLE. The only spot available was the one between Isaac and Tao, with a sigh, Bethany sat down hesitantly. She turned to Tao who didn't look up from his work.

             "Tao?" Bethany called out to the younger boy. "I-I heard Harry got suspended for fighting, so... That's good." Bethany tried, Tao ignored her still.

              "He said he doesn't want to talk to you." Isaac elbowed Bethany softly, the red head frowned.

             "Okay, class. Before we start todays lesson, I've been told to remind you all that the Truham-Higgs Sports Day is on Friday. So make sure you've all signed up for an event by Thursday." The teacher came around and passed out a work book for everyone. Bethany turned to Charlie and then to Tao.

"We could all do the Javelin again, like last year." Bethany said to Tao, forcing a smile.

"You're on the rugby team." Tao reminded her in a monotone voice, Bethany looked at Charlie and Isaac in confusion.

"The rugby team always does the Sports Day rugby match, remember?" Charlie replied for Tao.

"So, we probably won't be able to do the same event this year..." Isaac added in, not looking up from his book. Bethany sighed and started on her work book. When the bell rang, she picked her things up and hurried from the room. Half way down the hallway, Nick caught her eye.

"Hey." Nick greeted her, smiling.

"Hi." Bethany muttered, her face was twisted into a fake half smile. Nick could see this was fake.

"Did you want to get lunch together?" Nick asked her, stepping closer to her. Bethany blinked at him and then to the ground.

"I cant. Sorry." Bethany's voice wavered as she spoke quickly, she left Nick standing alone in the hall. Her next stop was Mrs. Singhs office, she knocked on the teachers door before going in.

              "Bethany! How's it going?" Mrs. Singh smiled pleasantly at the red head in the door way.

            "Uhm... I think I'm going to quit the rugby team..." Bethany let out, grimacing and waiting for the coach's reaction.

              "What? Why?" Mrs. Singh asked, putting her lunch aside.

              "I just don't think that rugby's for me." Bethany shrugged, tucking a strand of red hair behind her ear.

              "Have the boys been giving you a hard time? Do I need to talk to anyone?" She asked the younger girl, Bethany shook her head profusely.

            "No, no, it's okay. It's just me." Bethany replied, Mrs. Singh did not respond as Bethany left the office without another word. Now she was in the library in the farthest corner, knowing no one would look here for her. She didn't eat her lunch, she just doodled in her notebook with her green pen. What she didn't know was that Charlie, Nick, and Tao were all sitting down eating lunch together talking about her. That night, while she watched Mamma Mia, her phone chimed.

              bethy, what's going on? please talk to me❤️ Nicks message read, Bethany sighed. She typed and then deleted, typed and then deleted, and gave up and threw her phone to the other side of the room. Bethany went to bed crying, but this wasn't normal.

              Before she knew it, it was Sports Day. Bethany wore her light blue Truham tshirt tucked into a navy blue tennis skirt. She braided back her red hair into two small braids, and drew cute little red lines on her cheeks for fun. Charlie thought maybe the day being less school related made her look a little less upset. Her and Charlie both received red jerseys for the day, Bethany prayed Nick wouldn't be getting a red one too, but in he walked. Bethany went wide eyed before leaving the room swiftly. Charlie gave Nick a look saying "i'm sorry" before following after her. Bethany and Charlie following, went to the art room.