Crash

An: A really weird chapter, I have absolutely detested my writing lately

  An: A really weird chapter, I have absolutely detested my writing lately. I want to get this book finished before I start school, so a chapter is a chapter. Enjoy!

  - Not spell checked, as always.

I wake up before Hangman the next morning, rolling over to face him. He is sound asleep, his arm draped lazily over my waist.

  My heart tugs in my chest, and I realize something. I think I've known it for a while, but I have never really thought about it— I love him.

   I move closer to him, running my fingers through his hair. He smiles in his sleep, shifting slightly. He pulls me by my waist, burying his head in my neck.

  "I know you are awake, Jake." I say, and he kisses my shoulder.

  "No, I'm not." He says, his voice deep from sleep. "I'm not awake until my alarm goes off."

  "Okay." I say, relishing his warmth. He opens his eyes slowly, taking in my form. I smile at him, pressing a kiss to his nose. He hums in reply, sinking back into his pillow.

  "I could stay like this forever." He whispers. I nod in agreement, observing his side profile.

  It is quiet, the kind of quiet that comes only in early hours of the morning, when everyone is peaceful sleeping.

I summon up the courage, swallowing.

"I love you." I whisper, and he turns again, staring at me. There is a pause, just long enough for a thousand thoughts to run through my head, before he smiles, pulling me into his chest.

  "I've been waiting a lifetime to hear you say that." He whispers, pressing his forehead to mine. He holds me in his arms. I smile as he kisses me, pulling back slightly so he can look me in the eyes.

"Do you know that I have dreamt of this?" He whispers. "Over and over again."

I smile, a blush creeping across my face.
"Look at you, Jake. So sentimental." I whisper, running my fingers across the features of his face: his strong jaw, the dip in his nose, the perfect bow of his lips.

  "You only fall in love once, baby. And I am so, so glad it was you."

I talk with him as he gets dressed, chatting about random things as I remain laying in his bed, his scent surrounding me, his blankets covering me from my toes to my chest.

  I wiggle around, turning on my side to face him. As he tugs on a white under shirt, I watch the muscles in his back tighten and loosen. I grin to myself, turning to face the ceiling, my hands under my head.

"— and they get mad at me for flying fast, but it's the only way I know how to fly. It's what got my first in my class." He says once he has his beige uniform on, moving to stand above me. I hold out my hands, and he helps me up. "They are the ones who can't keep up."