Marry me... Pt. 1

(An, not spell checked cause I'm lazy

(An, not spell checked cause I'm lazy.)

I wake up in the morning on the couch, laying awkwardly on my elbow. The storm as passed, and the sky is a crystal clear blue. A few puffy white clouds remain on the horizon, reminding me of the roaring thunder.

I yawn, stretching my arms out above my head. This scares the doves, and they bolt of the deck, flying towards the trees nearby.

  "Sorry guys." I mumble, rubbing my eyes.

I feel my stomach start to stir with morning sickness, and make my way to the kitchen, slowly drinking a glass of water. I check my phone again, and I sigh.

Waiting is the worst part.

As the nausea begins to settle in, I help myself to a small bowl of oatmeal, with brown sugar sprinkled on top.

I eat it slowly, debating whether or not I should call or text them. I decide against it. They are probably too busy for me.

I wash my plate, before proceeding to walk around the house, gently propping open all the windows. A light ocean breeze, still hinting rain, blows through. I can taste it in my tongue.

There's a knocking at the door, and I trot down the stairs, gently pulling open the door.

"Hi!" I say to the elderly mailman, holding out my hand to take the package.

"I need you to sign." He says with the scratchy voice of a smoker. I nod, taking the clipboard and signing with a pen.

"Thank you." I say, peering at name: Jake Seresin. I smile, glancing up at the mailman, who has already started back towards the truck.

  I close the door, placing the package at the kitchen counter and heading back upstairs in the quiet house.

  Sighing, I stand at the widow at the top of the hall, looking out across the Pacific Ocean.

  Waiting is the worst part.

***
No one's POV

  "What do you mean, Rooster turned back?" Hangman says angrily to himself, listening to the com chatter. He signs in, speaking quickly.

"This is Arrow Five, requesting permission to launch backup, sir." He says, strapping on his oxygen mask: preparing himself for takeoff.

"Negative. Stand by." Cyclone answers, and Hangman groans frustratedly, slamming his hand onto the side of the plane.

"God Damn it." He says.