Chapter 18: I wanna kiss you

❁Chapter XVIII: I Wanna Kiss You❁

My feet have been killing me. Naomi and I went dress shopping because she said that some guy form the baseball team asked her out and I saw it on Instagram and Twitter so I of course obliged to go with her.

"So, are you excited to go to our last homecoming?" She asks me.

"I guess, I mean I've only been to one throughout the years." I say taking a seat at some table.

She sat across from me and we're both looking around the food court to see what would be a good place to eat.

"Well that's a good thing. Because the last homecoming you went to was last year. Which I don't get why you only went to junior year and not freshman or sophomore year." She tells me frowning.

"I just didn't feel the need to go because nobody asked me because I am a loser." I explain to her matter of factly.

"Well now Drew asked you this year. That has to mean something." She says wriggling her eyebrows.

"Because we're only going as friends. And nothing more than." I say while getting my wallet out.

She shook her head and got her own wallet out.

"Okay fine. Anyway, does Subway sound good? I'm sure that James will bring you some Chick Fil A later on when he comes over." She says.

I nod.

I did tell her that I had forgiven James and that she should too, because it's honestly not that hard.

And I know that him groping me is nothing compared to being raped. Still, it's good to forgive. It also isn't like she's seeing a psychiatrist weekly about it.

"Yeah it sounds good. And you're right. James is coming over tonight, and he most likely is bringing me some Chick Fil A for dinner." I chuckled.

She shook her head and laughed.

"I think that you should talk to him." I say matter of factly.

She gulps.

"W-why? I mean come on Carly." She says nervously.

"Look Naomi, living in hiding from James is not a good thing." I tell her.

I feel like this is deja vu all over again.

"Carly, what do I say?" She asks me with fear.

"Just come over and then demand that you talk to James alone." I say to her.

She bites her lips and thinks for a moment.

"Only if you stay with me while I talk to James. Because he might rape me again." She tells me.

"Okay Naomi. I'll stay. But you are doing this tonight. It's time to fight your damn fear." I sigh in defeat.

She nods.

♕|♕|♕|♕
Naomi and I walk inside my house, but quietly.
"Is he here?" She whispers asks me.

I sigh.

"Naomi, he's here because his car and my brother's car are here." I explained.

"Alright, I'll say what I have to say and then leave." She says dangling her car keys to prove a point.

I nodded.

"Fine then, let's go." I say gripping my shopping bags.

We both walked into the living room to find James and Marcus sitting on the couch playing some video game.