2

Months turned into years, and still, Mattheo and Tom had not returned to visit Estrella. Yet, she clung to Theo's promise, holding onto the hope that he would fulfill his word. But as time wore on and no familiar faces graced her doorstep, the flicker of optimism within her began to fade. The vibrant, lively child she once was transformed into a shadow of her former self, consumed by bitterness and resentment.

With a dagger clenched tightly in her hand, Estrella made her way to the trio's favorite tree, its familiar branches offering solace amid her turmoil. As her fingers traced the markings etched into the bark, memories flooded her mind, transporting her back to happier days.

The sun cast its warm glow over Wool's Orphanage as laughter filled the air, a stark contrast to the darkness that now consumed Estrella's heart. The trio, nestled among the branches of their beloved tree, indulged in stolen moments of joy, their laughter mingling with the rustle of leaves as they savored the sweetness of stolen chocolate. "Did you see his face, Tom?" Estrella's voice rang out, her eyes alight with mischief as she relished the memory of their shared prank. Tom's laughter echoed hers, the camaraderie between them unbreakable even in the face of uncertainty. With a leap of faith, Estrella descended from their perch, a spark of determination igniting within her.

"Tom, Theo, come down, I have an idea!" she called out, her voice brimming with excitement as she beckoned her friends to join her. With eager anticipation, they joined her on the ground, their gazes fixed on her with adoration and trust. "I think we should leave our initials here to mark it as ours and ours only!" she proposed, her eyes sparkling with mischief as she laid out her plan. Theo willingly handed over his embroidered dagger, a symbol of their bond and shared adventures. With careful precision, Estrella etched her name into the bark, a testament to their friendship and unity. Passing the dagger to the brothers, they each left their mark, a tangible reminder of the bond they shared.

As Estrella made crosses over the two initials and walked back to the halls, her mind churned with conflicting emotions. The camaraderie she once shared with Mattheo and Tom now felt like a distant memory, overshadowed by their absence and her growing resentment.

Yet, before she could fully process her feelings, two cloaked figures materialized before her, their sudden appearance disrupting her thoughts. Estrella's expression remained neutral as she regarded them with suspicion, her hand instinctively reaching for the dagger hidden at her side."May I help you?" Estrella's voice held a hint of wariness as she addressed the mysterious strangers before her. The two men exchanged a glance before turning their attention back to her, their intent clear in their purpose.

"We are looking for an Estrella Mikaelson," one of the cloaked figures spoke, his voice resonating with a sense of urgency. Estrella's guard remained firmly in place as she regarded them with a cautious gaze. "I am Estrella Mikaelson," she confirmed, her tone steady despite the uncertainty that gnawed at her.

The cloaked figures introduced themselves as Merlin Wyllt and Gellert Grindelwald, their names carrying weight and significance that piqued Estrella's curiosity. Yet, she remained guarded, her instincts warning her of the dangers that lurked beneath their enigmatic personas."Who are you? Are you the doctor?" Estrella's inquiry held a note of suspicion as she took a cautious step back, her hand still poised at her side, ready to defend herself if necessary."No, dear child, I am not a doctor," Merlin replied, his voice carrying an air of authority. "We are here to offer you a proposal."

Estrella's gaze narrowed as she regarded the two men before her, her mind racing with questions and doubts. Despite her reservations, a spark of curiosity ignited within her, prompting her to inquire further."What kind of proposal?" she asked, her voice laced with a mixture of apprehension and intrigue. Little did she know, this encounter would mark the beginning of a journey that would challenge everything she thought she knew, and shape the course of her destiny in ways she could never have imagined.