"So it begins"

*3rd person*

As Rick looks down on Skylar, Alex asks a heart shattering question. "She's going to be alright. Right dad?" Upon hearing this Evie lets out a wail, "She's going to be fine...She's going to be fine." Rick says trying to being convincing but his voice cracks and deceives him. As Jonathan approaches Rick points at him and then at Alex saying "Take him, take him." "Is she going to be alright?" Alex questions terrified as he witnesses his mum by his aunt's siding sobbing and his dad trying to comfort her. Jonathan reaches Alex and moves away from them a bit and crouches down to Alex's height. "Skylar's fine" Rick says biting back tears, but he soon break and buries his face in Evie's shoulder.

"It's going to be fine! It's going to be fine!" Jonathan says in disbelief, not believing that his older sister is dead. "She's strong she's going to make it!" Jonathan exclaims. No one moves as they try to process what has just happened, they had just saved Alex but had lost one person they thought they wouldn't. An older sister, an aunt, a friend, lost in a matter of seconds. Their thoughts drifted to Ardeth, it was no secret they were in love with each other, Skylar had just died and he didn't even know. "No!" Rick broke the silence, "No!" He pulled Evie into his chest, Evie's heart wrenching sobs echoed through the jungle. Jonathan started to cry but he tried to stay strong for Alex, who stood beside him in tears.

The curator lifted the bracelet of Anubis and decided down a flight of stairs. Imhotep and Anck-Su-Namun entered the underground temple of the scorpion king, as they reached the bottom of a flight of steps, a black consumes, a bright light comes from Imhotep's chest and when it clears Imhotep is left visibly shaken. He tries to use his powers to lift a statue, the things surrounding it shakes but nothing else happens. He tries again to be met with the same response. "The great god Anubis has taken my powers. It seems he wishes me to fight as a mortal." Imhotep breathes.

"Stay here." Rick says to Alex as he releases him form a hug, he walks over to Evie and kisses her, then he stalks inside, wanting to kill Imhotep and the Scorpion King more than ever. The curator enters a room filled with scarab beetles, and uses the bracelet to part them making his way over to a statue, which he then places his arm with the bracelet on in. As he does light spreads across the room, whereas outside a large shadow of a scorpion forms and flies across the land, stopping near the Medjai. "So it begins" Ardeth speaks.

Sorry for the late update, I had a few exams this week and really needed to revise. I was following the way the movie was when writing this chapter and that's why it's jumpy and everything, so sorry about that. Also guys I need to know if you want a sequel to this so I can plan how to end it. So please be sure to comment for what you want (sequel or no sequel).