Shocks

*Alex's P.O.V.*

I grabbed the book as the crazy lady advanced Uncle Jon, he started to taunt her and he got punched in the face, Sky used to say that Uncle Jon always had a very punch-able face and that he always got into so much trouble she was surprised his face wasn't disfigured yet. I start to read the inscription inside the book, I was now thankful for the many hours mum forced me to learn Ancient Egyptian. I heard a whoosh of metal and Uncle Jon called out to me "Hurry up Alex." He sounded panicked so I tried to read it quicker but then I came to a symbol I didn't know. "Uncle Jon!!! I don't know what this last symbol is!!!" I call panicked, as I see the woman swing a weapon at Uncle Jon's face. He narrowly dodges it and shouts back out of breath "What does it look like?" "It's a..... it's a bird... a stork!" Uncle Jon jumps up and down excited "I know that one! I know that one!!!" He is soon cut off when the woman grabs his throat. "Then what is it?!" I shout frustrated. "Ametafus (A.N no clue what he says or how to spell it for that matter)" "That's it! " I exclaim and repeat the incantation. A ringing echoes through the halls and the lights brighten around Sky.

*Meanwhile*

After fighting hand to hand for several minutes, Imhotep kicks Rick sending him flying into the air, he turns his back and grabs a double sided axe thing, Rick stumbles to his feet and kicks Imhotep in the back, before grabbing two hatchets and blocking Imhotep's attack. They once more clash in battle, attacking, blocking, parrying each other's strikes until Imhotep sends Rick flying into a standing holding a bowl of fire on it, and the fire flies everywhere, making the room even more dangerous for the battle to take place in.

Ardeth rides forward and throws his machete into the head of the leading Anubis warrior, making it disintegrate into black dust which then is sweep away by the wind. His men follow behind him and enter the swarming mass of Anubis warriors, who greatly outnumber them. Ardeth rides by his machete and picks it up, near seconds after doing so an Anubis warrior throws its weapon at him causing him to duck and fall of his horse. After shooing the horse away from harm Ardeth starts to slay every Anubis warrior in his path along with his fellow member of the Medjai.

*Skylar's POV*

I was blinded by a piercing hot pain and then nothing my vision faded to black and the sound of my family mourning me got farther and farther away. Then the next thing I knew I felt air rushing back into my lungs, almost chocking me, I gasped like a fish out of water for a few seconds before I could breathe normally again, I saw Alex and Evie looking down at me, Alex looked at me in disbelief while Evie's eyes were clouded, she seemed to be in shock. I sat up quickly and took her face in my hands and started to talk to her to snap her out of it. "Evie, Evie? Come on Evie don't do this to me again! Don't make Alex go through this Evie!! Snap out of it okay, I'm here and I'm not going anywhere, I'm not going to leave you Evie." "Again?" Alex questions, I look over at him and sigh. "She did this when mum and dad died too, she wouldn't do anything, she wouldn't eat or drink, she barely slept. It took Jonathan and me almost three days to snap her out of it." I hear the clash of metal on metal and notice Jonathan fighting Anck-Su-Namun, I gasp and turn towards Evie, "I didn't want to do this Evie but you left me no choice, this is for your own good." I begrudgingly slap her, she gasps and looks at me "Bu-but-but how? You you were dead." She chokes out, "Alex brought me back now keep him safe whilst I go save our brother."

Anck-Su-Namun slices Jonathan on the chest and sends him stumbling back into the base of a statue, she raises her arm to kill him when I grab it. "Why don't you pick on someone your own size?" I ask and shove her away. "Oh my god. Skylar!" Jonathan exclaims, I grab his arm and push him towards Evie who is hugging the life out of Alex. "Go help Rick." I tell them before facing Anck-Su-Namun. She lifts the Sais she dropped before as I pull a pair from a nearby statue. We start to circle each other, ignoring the loud growls from the room a couple hundred meters away from us. She strikes first, just like from my vision, I quickly bloke it and strike myself. We continue fighting for a few minutes, until suddenly she slams me into a pillar and she speaks in Ancient Egyptian "You have remembered the old ways." I head-butt her and she gasps in pain, and looks at me shocked. "That's a little something new." I say before striking once more, after slicing her cheek, she looks at me before sprinting into the hall of the Scorpion King.