Pit of Souls

Sorry for the extremely long wait guys, I was studying then I had exams and yeah I literally had no time what so ever. You may or may not believe this but I think this is one of my most detailed chapters yet.... I'm serious, this all happens over four and a half minutes in the movie. So yeah let me know if it was any use and don't forget to vote for whether or not I do a sequel. If I get two comments I'll update.

Thanks Gracie.

*3rd person*

Alex sobs into his hands just like his mother, as the strongest person he knows except for his dad lays dead. Jonathan has matured more in those last five minutes than in the whole of his entire adult life, this time he is the one being strong. Wrapping an arm around Alex he speaks up "Think of it this way, she's gone to a better place." Alex sniffles and almost bursts into tear again before Jonathan enlighten him "You know like it says in the good book." Alex's head snaps up and he stares at Jonathan in disbelief then looks over to Skylar's body. "That's it." He whispers catching Jonathan's attention "What?" "That's it. That's it!" He moves to his feet pulling a befuddled Jonathan up with him. "Come on Uncle Jon. Come on! Come on, come on, that's it!!! Come on."

The curator groans as he tries to release his hand from the scorpion statue, Rick cautiously walks towards him. The curator finally turns to Rick and taunts him. "You're too late O'Connell. I have released the army of Anubis." Rick sighs in frustration and anger, but knows that Ardeth and the Medjai will be able to stop the army..............................Hopefully. "Lord Imhotep shall soon kill the Scorpion King and take command." Rick drops the torch he was carrying and swaps it for a double edged axe a nearby statue was holding. "Not after I get through with him." Rick spoke in a low and deadly voice. The curator starts to laugh before his arm is pulled further into the scorpion statue and he lets out a scream of agony as his arm is mutilated. Rick jumps and points the axe in his direction, readying himself in case of attack. The curator pulls out his arm and the flesh of his hand is gone, the only thing left is his bone. Rick shivers in disgust before letting out a nervous chuckle and walking away towards where the Scorpion King would be situated.

Imhotep and Anck-Su-Namun walk to the entrance of the grand hall in which the Scorpion King resided. Imhotep takes off his cloak and says to Anck-Su-Namun "I must face the Scorpion King alone." Anck-Su-Namun gasps in horror and clutches his arm "No you must not! Without your powers he will kill you!" Imhotep pulls his arm out of her grasp and shakes his head and cockily says "Nothing can stop us. Especially now that She is dead. It is our destiny." Anck-Su-Namun smiles at the thought of killing Skylar and watching her body fall to the ground, a wave of fear consumes her pleasure soon after. She grabs the book from Imhotep's hands and sets it down on a pillar beside her and turns to him holding his face in her hands. "I don't want to lose you again." She said in a last attempt to stop her love, but it was already too late, after an intimate kiss Imhotep had rushed off into the hall, head held high.

Alex, Evie and Jonathan (who was carrying Skylar) were walking down a hallway with Alex leading with a torch in his hands. "You know this can only be done by someone who can read ancient Egyptian. And I don't know about you but I'm a tad rusty." Jonathan spoke breaking the silence. "And Evie... Well there's no way she is going to be the one to do it, I mean look at her she's in shock." Alex runs to the wall ahead of them and reads the hieroglyphs. He quickly turned on his heel and beckoned his mother and Uncle to hurry up. "What way now?" Jonathan asked "We go to the right." "How'd you know?" Jonathan interrupted Alex. "Basically it says this way to the Scorpion King." Alex responds before looking back to Skylar and his mother, "Skylar had said I should know how to read ancient Egyptian so mum taught me." He then grabs Evie's hand and walks down the right corridor, "This might just work." Jonathan realizes looking down at his big sister.

Meanwhile in the desert the army of Anubis was formed, there were thousands of Anubis warriors; fear crosses Ardeth's face at the task before him, as it does for every man standing there.

Anck-Su-Namun was leisurely leaning against a pillar waiting for Imhotep to return, a cough caught her attention and she turned to see Jonathan standing there holding up his fists. "It's time someone taught you a lesson wench. Come on." He started to bounce on his toes waving his fists about. Anck-Su-Namun stalked towards him, turning her back not realizing Alex had lifted the book of the living form where she had set it. "This is for my sister" Jonathan claims as Anck-Su-Namun is only a foot away from him.

Rick marches forwards into the grand hall, as he came further into the room he could hear a booming sound resounding over and over again. He hid slightly behind a pillar seeing Imhotep hitting a bong over and over again. Rick soon realized that Imhotep wasn't going to notice him anytime soon, due to his concentration in hitting the bong. Rick ran and jumped over a pit, in the pit there seemed to be souls of people damned by their crusades, they roared and tried to grab Rick as he sailed over the gap with no luck. A loud earthshaking roar soon echoed through the hall. Rick almost lost his balance and fell into the pit, but he didn't. After regaining his balance Rick swung his axe at Imhotep who blocked the attack but he stumbled under the force of it. They were soon disarmed as their weapons fell down another pit.

This did not stop them as they engaged in hand to hand combat. Rick nailed Imhotep in the face; Imhotep raised his hand to wipe away the blood. Rick then concluded that Imhotep was now mortal for some reason that he did not care about. "So you wish to kill me?" Imhotep asked before laughing mockingly "And then you would kill him and send his army back to the underworld. This I cannot allow." They circled each other menacingly, before once again engaging in combat against one another.

Ardeth rode his horse up and down the front line of his men before stopping and facing forwards. The army of Anubis stalked forward. Ardeth raised his sword and shouted, which was soon echoed by his comrades. The Anubis warriors did the same, soon both sides ran/rode towards each other, when they were close enough they clashed in battle.