Izzy

We had got in the trust old yellow car, from the last time in Egypt, sitting in the bag with Evie and our bags , Jonathan drove down a dirt road, leading to a wall with big blue double doors. 'Hahaha this is the reliable pilot Rick is entrusting our lives with. Huh?' I thought with a chuckle. As Jonathan pulled to a stop beside the old sign reading 'The Magic Carpet', Evie asks "This is the magic carpet?" I don't blame her to be honest it looks run down and shady but then again it was run down and shady. "We'll be fine he's a professional" Rick states rather unreassuringly "Professional my ass" I mutter and Evie smacks my arm. The door creaks open revealing Izzy standing there with his pilot hat on, a dusty leather jacket, pants and an eyepatch. That was new he didn't have that the last time, but if he did loose his eye I wouldn't be surprised. "Izzy!" Rick exclaims as he looks up, "Noo!" he shouts and turn round in a circle and slams the door behind him. Several locks could be heard being locked, "Hey!" Rick calls out confused. "He definitely remembers you" Evie states, "You must have made quite the impression on him O'Connell" I tease, Rick glares at me. "He's a little shy." Turning to Jonathan Rick says "onathan get our bags" Being the lazy ass he is Jonathan complains his hands are full when he is only carrying the scepter. Taking care of the problem at hand I snatch it out of his hand, "Now" sighing he replies "Right. Right I'll get the bags." with that he walks back to the car.

Pulling out his pistol Rick states walking forward "I will deal with the flight details." With one shot to the main lock, he puts the gun away "Honey you're not a subtle man." Evie sighs. "We don't have time for subtle." He states before kicking the door open. Izzy starts running away again and Rick calls after him telling him to come here, Evie and myself walk along behind Rick. "Doesn't look happy to see you" Evie pointed out the obvious, "Never turned me down yet." Rick replies with a smile. Izzy walks up to a desk with scrolls on it and a passed out man "Whatever it is, whatever you need I don't care O'Connell. Every time I hook up with you I get shot." I muffle my laughter with my hand after realizing how wrong that sounded. Izzy lifts the guy's head and grabs a scroll out from underneath his head "Last time I got shot in the ass. I'm in mourning for my ass, remember that bank job in Miracech (don't actually have a clue what he says but anyway)?" He asks rhetorically. "Bank job?" Evie asks raising an eyebrow, as Izzy is riffling through some draws. "Oh come on it's not what it sounds like...." But before Rick could continue Izzy cuts in stating "It's exactly how it sounds. I was flying high, hiding in the sun. The white boy here flags me down, so I fly in low for the pick up. Next thing you know I get shot, I'm lying in the middle of the road with my spleen hanging out and I see him waltzing up with some belly dancer girl!" Izzy huffs turning around when Rick tried using hand signals to tell him to stop. "Belly dancer girl? Izzy I think you and I should talk" Evie asks curiously. "Long as I don't get shot" Izzy says turning to face her. "Now Evie why would you want to know I mean it's not like it was when you guys were married? And seriously Izzy why in the world would you get shot?" I ask. As if only noticing me now Izzy turns to me and smiles. "Quit your whining, you'll get paid this time" Rick says taking charge, fishing around in his pockets for the wad of cash he stuffed in there earlier.

"O'Connell, you've lived around here, what do I need money for?" Izzy questioned as a man in a bath tub behind us started to hum causing Evie and myself to turn around and look at him momentarily. "What the hell am I going to spend it on?" Izzy continued but shoved the money in the front pocket of his shirt. Rick took a step closer to him and said "I'm gonna keep this short, my little boy is out there." He lifted the scepter I handed him earlier. The scepter caught Izzy's eye as when Rick moved it he would follow it. "I'ma do whatever it takes to get him back." Rick finishes and stares at Izzy waiting for his reply, but Izzy stands motionless ogelling the scepter. Rick follows his eye line and looks at the scepter, then back to Izzy then he waves it back and forth. Izzy stated whilst his eyes were fixated on the scepter. "O'Connell you give me that gold stick there and you can shave my head, wax my legs and use me as a surf board." Rick drops the scepter into Izzy hands, who dropped all the scrolls that were originally in them. "Didn't we do that in Tripele?" Rick asks, I chuckle. Drawing Izzy's attention to me. "Skylar my dear, how are you?" He asks, "I'm just fine Izzy. Say when did you lose your" I started to point at my own eye then sighed and continued "Your eye?"

He chuckles, "Oh this?" Lifting the eye patch up it reviles his other eye "I just thought it made me more dashing." He then puts it down again only for Rick to snap it off his face. "Come on get to work." Izzy dashes off, meanwhile Jonathan decides to grace us with his presence, taking up the lead with Rick, soon after Evie, Izzy and myself follow behind. "You know, you didn't exactly catch me at my best." Izzy tells Evie. "Oh I sure I have." Evie states before picking up her pace. Turning to Izzy, I look at him and state "She's my sister, so lay off." I pick up my pace as well but turn to him asking "You do know she is married to Rick right?" As I catch up with the others I can faintly hear Izzy cursing to himself. A whinnie sounds drawing our attention to the Medjai, Ardeth dismounts his horse and starts towards us. "I knew it I'ma get shot." Izzy mumbles from beside me. Rick does some weird wave. "These are the commanders of the 12 tribes of the Medjai." Ardeth explains to us. "Horus!" He exclaims and a bird flys from one of the mens arms to Ardeth's out stretched one. "Pet bird" Jonathan says. "My best and most clever friend, he will let the commanders know of our progress. So that they may follow." I walk towards Ardeth and pet Horus, before Ardeth turns and addresses the Medjai commanders. "Allagh humana" The men echo it after Ardeth, before galloping off. "If the army of Anubis rises they well do all they can to it."

After gathering our stuff that Jonathan so carelessly dumped at the door we started off to where Izzy disappeared to. "Rick are you sure Izzy is reliable?" Evie asks, with good reason to. "Yeah,yeah." Rick trailed off. "Don't worry Evie, he is reliable as long as he gets paid but even then not so much." I get quieter towards the end, rounding the corner. We see what looks light a ship tied to a big balloon. "Oh Brother" I mumble. "Isn't she beautiful?" Izzy asks as we near closer. "It's a balloon" Rick states, "Thanks for pointing out the obvious" I tease resulting in Ardeth and Jonathan laughing. "Where is the plane?" Rick asks confused. "Airplanes are a thing of the past" Izzy claims, "Izzy you were right." Rick starts only to get a confused look. "You are going to get shot." He finishes pulling out a pistol. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. She's faster than she looks and she's quiet. Real quiet, perfect from sneaking up on people, which is a very good thing. Unless of course we go with your approach. Barging in face first, guns blazing and getting your friend shot in the ass." Rick looks at us then shrugs and holsters his weapon. "Why can't your people ever keep your feet on the ground?" Ardeth asks. Turning to him I answer him with a straight face "because we're lazy." Then smile and get on board.