[6]

[This is the idea of the outfit Y/N would wear, if you don't like it you can make your own :)]

We cross the littered road as we look for the sheriff's station. The city I've only known for a while is a wasteland. As we walk farther I see the sheriff's station and call everyone over to it. I wait for everyone before I start to head for the front door.

"Uh I'll stay here and make sure nobody takes the bikes," Gabriel says as he takes off his helmet. Dariush turns to Gabriel with a disbelieving face.

"Oh, yeah, because the aliens want to jack our mountain bikes.", Dariush says sarcastically as Gabriel looked down at the floor. I could tell Gabriel didn't like this place so I stepped in.

"Yeah, looters could take them. Someone should stay and watch", I said taking off my helmet. Gabriel looked up at me and we exchanged a glance before looking away.

"Okay then (Y/N) and Gabriel will stay and we will go inside," ZhenZhen said smirking at me before turning to Alex. I gave her a confused look as she glanced back at me.

"Pssh whatever.", Dariush said before walking into the building.

I watched as they walked into the building and disappeared. I sighed and turned back to Gabriel who was sitting next to the bikes and kicking rocks with his shoe.

"Do you think they'll be alright"

Gabriel looked up at me and sighed. "I hope so" he mumbled. I walked over to him and sat down beside him.

"My first week in Los Angeles and everything's gone to hell," I tell him motioning around to the destroyed building. He chuckles and turns to me.

"No, this wasn't what you expected. It's perfect here I have no idea what you're talking about. I love it here", he says sarcastically and I roll my eyes before bumping his shoulder with mine.

"Ohh, and what's there to love?"

"Pizza and...well actually that's about it", he tells me. I stare at him for a second before bursting out laughing.

We continued talking for another 30 minutes and in those moments I wasn't really thinking about the bikes.

"Okay wow, you guys suck at watching bikes!"

We both turn to see Dariush and the others walking back to us. I stand up and look at ZhenZhen.

"Was there anybody?", I ask. ZhenZhen looks at Alex for a moment before shaking her head 'no". Sighing I put my helmet back on and get on my bike.

"Well then let's keep looking."

Ten minutes later we haven't found anyone and as we turn a corner a giant military truck speed past us. I jump off my bike and start running after it. We all wave our hands in the air and yell at it but before I can take even another step a person yells at us from behind.

"Stay where you are! Do not move!"

I turn and drop my helmet to the floor. over twenty guns are aimed straight at my head as I put my hands up. A military man with brown hair puts his hands up, motioning his men to lower their guns he then starts walking over to us. "You should have evacuated hours ago, were at war.", he stated calmly as he stopped in front of us.

"Sir, we were in the mountains when the attacks started," Alex said stepping closer to the brown-haired guy. "Can you tell us what's going on? How big was the attack?"

"All I can tell you is you not safe here. Everyone get on the bus," he said before turning around and walking away.

"WAIT!"

"HEY STOP"

The soldier turned back to us and gave us a confused stare. I grabbed the key and took it off my neck. "You need to take this key to Pasadena"

"An astronaut told us we need to take it to JPL to a Dr. Fielding," beside me Alex said as the soldier looked down at the key.

"We've been receiving morse code from a Dr. Fielding at JPL all day. You might have just saved the world kids" he smiled before motioning us towards the bus. My eyes widened in excitement as I made my way to the bus.

"HELL YEAH!", I screamed as I jumped up and down before high-fiving Zhen Zhen and Dariush. I turned to Alex and hugged him before looking at Gabriel. He smiled at me and I ran to him hugging him as well. He gasped in surprise as I reached him but he still hugged me back. He wrapped his arms around my waist before sucking in a breath.

"We did it," he whispered into my ear making me smile.

"Yeah, we did"

"Love birds, get on the bus!", I turned to look at Dariush as he waited for us on the steps of the bus. My face heated up as I let go of Gabriel and walked over to the bus. Dariush gave me a smug look as I sat down next to the window.

"Shut up"

The bus started moving and I felt on top of the world. Well until the military truck in front of us exploded.

Then I didn't feel so good.